Cricut Expression Just As Good As Cricut Cake?

Decorating By cmeventcoordinator Updated 13 Aug 2010 , 7:16pm by SharonK1973

cmeventcoordinator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmeventcoordinator Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 4

I am trying to determine if it's worth the extra money to buy the Cricut Cake, or if I could just get a Cricut Expression (I can get one off craigslist that's barely used for way less than the Cricut Cake will run me). I know some of you mentioned using your Cricut to do cakes before the Cricut Cake even cake out. What is the difference between these two machines really? Is it worth it to spend the extra money and get the cake one, or can I do everything with the expression? Are the cartridges for the Cricut Cake the same style as the regular ones, and if so couldn't they be used in the Expression or even a smaller version?

3 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 10:17pm
post #2 of 4

they are the same machine with very little modifications. You can use the expressions, you just need to invest in a deep housing blade. You also need to move the two rubber rollers that are in the middle of the bar on the expressions to the side.

All the carts are exchangeable between the different cricut machines.

BTW: I use the baby bug for my cakes.

cmeventcoordinator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmeventcoordinator Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 4:09pm
post #3 of 4

Peg818; Thank you for the info. All the details will be so helpful. I thought I could use the expression, now I know I can. Yeah icon_smile.gif

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 4

I use the expression... never had a problem! So I don't see the need to buy a whole other machine. I bought the expression specifically for cakes back when i got it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%