Chelsea Clintons Wedding Cake Photo

Decorating By madgeowens Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 5:41am by SugarFrosted

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
75 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 9:54pm
post #2 of 76

Thanks Madge! I was wondering if we were going to get a looksie!! icon_biggrin.gif

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 76

What a gorgeous cake!!! I love everything about it.
But you know what .... we have several members here on CC
who could match it or make a better one!!!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 76

I wonder what that baby cost! Wow!

sugartforyou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartforyou Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 10:10pm
post #5 of 76

I agree with you cakes 47.........definitely I've seen better........ icon_smile.gif

au_decorator_76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
au_decorator_76 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 10:13pm
post #6 of 76

I thought it was quite beautiful and classy. and probably very pricey. LOL. Especially being Gluten free.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 10:16pm
post #7 of 76

It's very nice. But I've seen as good or better here. And unless I'm missing something, I'd say there are closer to 200 flowers on that cake...not 1000. With nine short tiers, that would mean 100 flowers on each tier and 100 more on the topper. I don't see it, even if the cascade goes down the back side as well.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 10:16pm
post #8 of 76

Thanks for posting the link. I think the cake is gorgeous!

foodguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foodguy Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 10:18pm
post #9 of 76

I read on MSN earlier this week that the cake was $11,000.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 10:23pm
post #10 of 76

Thanks for posting.....the curiousity was getting to me....

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 10:25pm
post #11 of 76

Don't those tiers look awfully short? But overall, I really like it.

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 10:26pm
post #12 of 76

It's a nice cake and probably just what the bride ordered.

cakesbyperla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyperla Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 10:34pm
post #13 of 76

It's pretty but I do seem some gaps that shouldn't be there.

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 10:38pm
post #14 of 76

Thanks madgeowens for posting the link.

I've heard all about the gluten-free aspect of it, but have been looking forward to seeing what they did. Very elegant and seems to be in keeping with what we've seen of the other wedding pictures.

Anyone know about the design of the silver circles...were they to echo the silver detail in her wedding dress?

leah_s Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 10:43pm
post #15 of 76

I do think that the circles echo the beaded details of the belt on her dress.

And in one of the close up pictures, those look like the silver dragees that we all use.

madgeowens Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 10:48pm
post #16 of 76

You're welcome, I have been looking all over for it.......hehe....

I thought when I heard it was a vegan cake, that she could have had a tier that way for her and something else for her guests lol.......vegan does not sound good to me .....??? But the cake is very pretty

leah_s Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 10:50pm
post #17 of 76

There are 9 tiers on that cake?

Ellie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie1985 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 10:50pm
post #18 of 76

I have to say I really don't like it. I like the medallions or whatever you call them around the borders. But I agree with Leah, the tiers look too short and I don't like the way the cascade is arranged. Also the flowers need something to bring them to life. Plus I notices the gaps too. For $11,000 there shouldn't be gaps! Now don't everyone jump on me. I could NEVER make a cake like this. It is just not my taste.

CrumblesConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrumblesConfections Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 11:07pm
post #19 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie1985

I have to say I really don't like it. I like the medallions or whatever you call them around the borders. But I agree with Leah, the tiers look too short and I don't like the way the cascade is arranged. Also the flowers need something to bring them to life. Plus I notices the gaps too. For $11,000 there shouldn't be gaps! Now don't everyone jump on me. I could NEVER make a cake like this. It is just not my taste.

Ditto on the gaps! That part doesn't look professional at all. The flowers look a little bland with no color on them, but overall, a nice cake.

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 11:10pm
post #20 of 76

Yep I thought the same! I guess they probably liked it though! icon_wink.gif

MzPinkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MzPinkie Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 11:20pm
post #21 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

You're welcome, I have been looking all over for it.......hehe....

I thought when I heard it was a vegan cake, that she could have had a tier that way for her and something else for her guests lol.......vegan does not sound good to me .....??? But the cake is very pretty

it was gluten free, not vegan...but vegan cakes are not all bad. but they can be done badly just like any cake..

that cake is pretty...however i do agree with all the gaps, and the flowers looking kinda bland. pitty.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 11:23pm
post #22 of 76

The thing that strikes me about her cake is the plain silver cake drum. I mean, if you were getting $11,000 for a cake, wouldn't you cover the board with fondant and a ribbon??? icon_confused.gif

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 11:28pm
post #23 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Don't those tiers look awfully short? But overall, I really like it.

At first, I thought so too! (then I was rightfully so corrected.) If anyone cares to read about the other comments on Chelsea's cake in The Lounge, IndyDebi posted the link to the cake photos yesterday: (starting on page 3), http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-690310-30.html

(basically, if you look at the other view photo with the people working on it, it doesn't look short and squatty at all!)

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 11:35pm
post #24 of 76

OK in the pic where they are shown assembling the cake (putting the flowers on) is it just me or does it look unlevel like its leaning forward?

Nice cake, have seen better here. Gaps bug me Just my 2 cents icon_smile.gif

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 1:23am
post #25 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma28

OK in the pic where they are shown assembling the cake (putting the flowers on) is it just me or does it look unlevel like its leaning forward?

Nice cake, have seen better here. Gaps bug me Just my 2 cents icon_smile.gif

Crooked for sure... glad they fixed it (and the gaps are better than before too).

madgeowens Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 1:37am
post #26 of 76

Oh....I heard the vegan cake on the news....either way....could have just done that for her if she is so allergic and let the guests have something tastier.......this cake is so blah...but that must be what she wanted.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 1:40am
post #27 of 76

I can't get past the gaps--It is elegant, the flowers are gorgeous--but there are gaps!!

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 2:04am
post #28 of 76

Very pretty cake but what's up with those gaps?!

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 2:04am
post #29 of 76

Like a lot of CC'rs I don't particularly like the design either. I love the flowers however, I have seen a lot of white on white cakes and they look better than this one. I too was surprised at the gaps between the flowers but they are pretty. I also agree with other posters here, there certainly are a lot of people on CC that could have done a more elegant cake. Oh well, the bride got what she wanted for her wedding.
evelyn

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 3:05am
post #30 of 76

I was biting at the bit to see her cake pics, and
personally, it was a big disappointment.

I thought the flowers were dry, stiff, chalky, and artificial looking! Sugar paste flowers should look realistic even if they are all white! Not a speck of pearl dust anywhere! I wonder if they made them or bought them? Didn't especially care for the side design or the gaps. The overall feeling I got from the cake was cold and stiff. I guess I anticipated something more feminine like the bride (i.e. soft, graceful and alive). It is not my style to be so critical, but dang it!!! I hope she was happy with it.

Without a doubt, I am definitely spoiled by the high caliber wedding cakes here on CC by MayWest, MCC, and Jennifer Dontz just to mention a few! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%