How Do I Stack Larger Cake Layers Without Them Breaking ?

Decorating By sweetnessx3 Updated 8 Aug 2010 , 10:08am by allaboutcakeuk

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 10:08am
post #31 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by erichazann

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnessx3

someone else ask about left and right ???? Im confused lol!

The person who asked about left and right is trying to put two fillings in between two layers. She literally means "sandwich" icon_smile.gif Think about how you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.. but it is impossible to flip over the right-hand side layer if it is too large w/o it breaking.

I had to read it several times to understand.

I just had another idea tho.. if you were dead set on flipping the right side over, couldn't you secure it (lightly) with buttercream to a cake board so that when you flipped it over it would not fall off right away. You could position it properly.. then hold the side down while you lifted the board off. It would only lift off neatly tho if the top was a finished edge, i.e. the bottom of the cake.

Hi yeah that's what I meant - sorry I didn't explain it very well sometimes I wish I could do a quick drawing on here but yes like a sandwich with filling each side but as you say that's the prob its impossible to flip back together so that the right sides go back together and its level from splitting the cake in 2.

Its easy peasy with the cake lifter when its just a single filling. I did try it with attaching it to a board with bc but it started to rip the top of the cake off and most of it stuck to the board. Maybe I'll try with a little less bc or just mix the two fillings on one side as suggested earlier it seems the only other option. thanks everyone icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%