How To Get Neon Pink ...

Decorating By leoniaamani Updated 4 Aug 2010 , 11:29pm by erichazann

leoniaamani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leoniaamani Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 8

icon_sad.gif i did to know what to mixing to get neon pink and neon green?? please help me. icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 8

Wilton Rose and Leaf green (can add a touch of yellow) are pretty bright to me.

Americolor has Electric Pink and Green.

And Duff's has Electric pink and green.

leoniaamani Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 8

i live in the uk.
thank you anyway. icon_smile.gif

sugarflour2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarflour2 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 9:48pm
post #4 of 8

Neon green is pretty easy, some leaf green and egg yellow should do the trick. I don't know how much your making, so I would start with a small piece of fondant about the size of a quarter. Add one drop of green and to drops of yellow and see what you get. If too dark, add a little more white and a drop of yellow. continue this way until you hopefully get the color your looking for. If you get the color you want then add it to some white and repeat the colors. The yellow is what brightens the green.

Neon pink I say you'd need a deep pink a drop of red and less than a drop of yellow (you don't want to get orange). Mix these the same way as the green, this way if you don't get the color you want you're not wasting a lot of fondant. Hope this works out for you.

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 9:54pm
post #5 of 8

Hiya. I live in New Zealand, and have been told that many of the fabulous colours available in America are not available in our side of the world because some of the ingredients are illegal here. The woman I spoke to in a cake shop seemed like a bit of conspiracy theorist, she was telling me that the red colour used to make things like vibrant purple cause thyroid problems. She also informed me that 80% of the rats tested on developed cancer!! And that the American food industry couldn't afford to stop using it, they are corrupt.... etc etc.... Yessss.... like I said, a bit of a conspiracy theorist!!

But the take-home message is that it's difficult to get vibrant colours outside of America, I'd say ebay might be the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoniaamani

i live in the uk.

leoniaamani Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 9:59pm
post #6 of 8

o.k i'll try it tomorrow .thank you so much. icon_biggrin.gif

leoniaamani Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 10:08pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by zespri

Hiya. I live in New Zealand, and have been told that many of the fabulous colours available in America are not available in our side of the world because some of the ingredients are illegal here. The woman I spoke to in a cake shop seemed like a bit of conspiracy theorist, she was telling me that the red colour used to make things like vibrant purple cause thyroid problems. She also informed me that 80% of the rats tested on developed cancer!! And that the American food industry couldn't afford to stop using it, they are corrupt.... etc etc.... Yessss.... like I said, a bit of a conspiracy theorist!!

But the take-home message is that it's difficult to get vibrant colours outside of America, I'd say ebay might be the way to go.

i had not heard of that icon_sad.gif but thats the true neon colour's im just trying to mix what i might have in my cupboard to get a near neon as i can...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoniaamani

i live in the uk.

erichazann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erichazann Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 11:29pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by zespri

Hiya. I live in New Zealand, and have been told that many of the fabulous colours available in America are not available in our side of the world because some of the ingredients are illegal here. The woman I spoke to in a cake shop seemed like a bit of conspiracy theorist, she was telling me that the red colour used to make things like vibrant purple cause thyroid problems.

Must be Red 3, Erythrosine, the cherry-pink red. I didn't know that it causes thyroid problems, but it has been linked to cancer in rats and it is partially banned in the US.

Red 40 is a more orangy red, and that is the red that is super popular in the US, but banned in a lot of Euro countries because it is a petroleum derivative.

Red 3 is the one that causes the bitter taste when used in mass quantities, so "no taste" reds don't have any Red 3 and only Red 40.. so they tend to be a little more on the orange side.

Most recently, people have lobbied to ban artificial food colors because studies show that when used with the preservative Sodium Benzoate, they cause hyperactivity in some children. They are out to ban: Yellow 5, Red 40, Blue 1, Blue 2, Green 3, Orange B, Red 3, and Yellow 6, which are basically all the most commonly used food colorings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%