Left Over Fillings From Pastry Sleeves...??

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 4 Aug 2010 , 7:28pm by PatricesPieces

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 8

Hi Cakers!

I have yeat another question about the pastry sleeves. I have used a Bavarian Cream sleeve for the first time!! Hopefully it will taste yummy! I will find out tonight. It is the Shoe cake in my photos if curious.

My question. I have a lot of leftovers. I have left it in the sleeve and wrapped it up in cling wrap and stored in a zip lock bag. It is currently in the fridge. What happens when I want to use the left overs that are currently stored???? Once I use the left overs in another cake does the cake have to be in the fridge now??

The Shoe cake that I have made has not been in the fridge, cause I opened a fresh bag of the sleeve fillings. I am confused now cause the bag is now open, does this mean all future cakes have to be in the fridge if any of the left overs are used in it??

Sorry for the long question...

Michael

7 replies
Mikel79 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 8

icon_cry.gif

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 8

I don't think refrigerating the filling sleeves will affect its stability at room temperature. It just keeps it fresh after opening.

Brookbourque Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookbourque Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 6:54pm
post #4 of 8

I'm interested in an answer to this also. I usually put them in the freezer for later use but never thought if the cake would then need to be refrigerated.

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 8

I was told by the baker that I trained with that kept in the fridge, the sleeve fillings will last about 6 months. Most of us would use them up before they ever went bad.

The sleeve fillings are stable at room temp even after being in the fridge but I tend to keep my cakes in the fridge until as close to serving as possible anyway--keeps the non-crusting BC firm and the cake safe from my kids.

Kristy

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 7:10pm
post #6 of 8

No, the cakes made with the leftover filling do not need to be refrigerated. The sleeves are good for 6 months after opening (kept in the refrigerator) There is info on this on the countrykitchensa.com site.

Mikel79 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 7:22pm
post #7 of 8

I appreciate the replies. I was unsure if the sleeves were already opened that there would be a issue with them left in the cake with no fridge time..

Michael

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 7:28pm
post #8 of 8

I keep mine in the fridge...the one's that I stored in the freezer did not freeze well. When I thawed them out, the consistency had changed and they were really runny. I do not recommend putting them in the freezer. The lemon and the raspberry were the one's that I froze. YUK!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%