Cheesecake Quetions

Decorating By cyndy40 Updated 2 Aug 2010 , 2:31am by sechrestloans

cyndy40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cyndy40 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 1:38am
post #1 of 6

I am making a red velvet cheesecake for my Sis's b-day this week. I would like to slide it from the bottom of my Springform Pan onto a cake cirlce or drum. Is this possible? Also, I would like to ice it. Would I ice this cheesecake as I would any other cake? Any help will be appreciated!

5 replies
tuamor1628 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tuamor1628 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 1:49am
post #2 of 6

In my experience with cheesecake, I'd let it sit for at least an extra hour more than you normally do in the refridgerator before attempting to move it. What you do with the springform pan to get the cheesecake out is to press up on the bottom portion....slowly and carefully. Once the "plate" of the springform pan is out you can then CAREFULLY use a cake lifter and slide it under very SLOWLY and lift the cheesecake.

Instead of icing the cheesecake, why not make a regular cheesecake that is to sit inbetween two layers of red velvet cake? Thats what I've done, and then I've iced it. Came out really flavorful! Hope this helps!

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 2:26am
post #3 of 6

I use Wilton's spring form pan. It has a raised edge which makes it easier to remove your cheesecake. Let you cheesecake chill for at least two hours more if possible. Take a knife and run it around the top edge of the cheesecake to loosen the top from the side of the pan. Remove the ring and place your cake knife under the edge of the crust and spin the cheesecake around in a circle to loosen the bottom. Gently life the edge of the crust and slide it onto your cake circle. Make sure to put some frosting on the board to keep the cheesecake from moving. Here is the recipe I use for frosting cheesecakes. It's the best cream cheese butter cream I have found. Yummy!
Kathyfs Cream Cheese Frosting

1 cup butter
1/2 cup Crisco
16 oz. cream cheese
3 1/2 lbs powdered sugar
1 T vanilla
1/2 tsp salt

Mix on low speed for a couple of minutes.

If you use clear vanilla in both the color will be a perfect match for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-comicon_surprised.gifffice:smarttags" />Wilton's buttercream recipe. I use this to frost cheesecakes
when a couple wants part regular cake and part cheesecake for the tiers.

This makes a fairly stiff icing. For a softer one you can use 3 lbs. of powdered sugar.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 2:30am
post #4 of 6

I have put a cake circle on the bottom of my springform pan for easy removal of cheesecake from the bottom metal circle of the pan.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 2:31am
post #5 of 6

Sorry I meant lift not life.

sechrestloans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sechrestloans Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 2:31am
post #6 of 6

I had the same two issues and posted, here are the best tips I got, after the cheesecake is cool, VERY cool, take a cake knife and run it around the edges of the springform pan, then dip the bottom ( with the foil still on the bottom of the pan) in hot water for 30 seconds. release the sides of the springform then take a cake knife and slide it under the cheesecake and turn the springform pan until it goes all the way around. This will release the cheesecake and you can slide it onto a cake board.

For icing the cake, people suggested, the White chocolate cream cheese frosting from the book cake bible. It is awesome and goes great with the cheesecake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%