Seriously Dc Cupcakes !!!

Lounge By Redsoxbaker Updated 3 Aug 2010 , 5:43am by thatslifeca

Redsoxbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redsoxbaker Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 12:49am
post #31 of 39

I think the show doesn't portray what these girls really do on a day to day basis. They must be talented or they wouldn't have people waiting in line for their cupcakes. I just wish the show would depict them as truly intelligent women who know how to run a successful business! I know everyone has an opinion on this but I don't enjoy watching a show where the show makes people look foolish.

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 12:53am
post #32 of 39

Not to be mean or hateful, however, after last weeks show, I removed it from my recording schedule. There are too many other shows (quality cake shows) I'd rather spend my time watching while I work.

Pallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pallison Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 4:06am
post #33 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellie0h

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey71

So can anyone tell which decorating tip they use to do their "signature swirl"?

I don't believe Georgetown Cupcakes said they have a signature swirl, but made reference to their Signature Icing which is a vanilla cream cheese...................................................

Oh my gosh, on one episode they said the phrase "signature swirl" only about two hundred times....they talked about how no one but them could make the "signature swirl" and tried to teach employees to do the "signature swirl", without success I might add.....
The sisters also appeared on the Today show and taught the two hosts (not Kathie and Hoda, the earlier ones) how to make the "signature swirl" and both hosts accomplished it on their first try.....
Yes, they have a "signature swirl".... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 7:54pm
post #34 of 39

I must admit I watch this show, and I think their business is great! I follow them on FB and some day I hope I can bring my business to their level money wise.
The show is a joke, of course, but I watch it because I've gotten some ideas from my own shop, their shop is gorgeous! and I love their variety of flavors.
Something that I find odd though (maybe I'm imagining things) but they don't seem to "move" with easiness on the kitchen, they seem clumsy...their piping bag is usually messy...I can't put my finger on it....and the mini wedding cakes...don't get me started! they've been in business for two years for God sake!

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 8:40pm
post #35 of 39

their swirl is just a basic poop swirl. Just youtube georgetown cupcake! and you will see them do it.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 9:30pm
post #36 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrummymummy

their swirl is just a basic poop swirl. Just youtube georgetown cupcake! and you will see them do it.

Poop swirl! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif That's a new one to me! LUV IT!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 10:21pm
post #37 of 39

well it does look like a puppy doodoo on top of a cupcake and it does not look very tasty icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 10:35pm
post #38 of 39

Well, now---as someone who does that (now FAMOUS) swirl --I never gave it that much thought, just a weeee-woooop and done! I have thought it was a bit poopish looking, especially in chocolate! I usually put the 1M tip on for chocolate for that very reason!

thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 5:43am
post #39 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrummymummy

poop swirl icon_eek.gif hahahaha I love that icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%