Helicopter Help Please

Decorating By moscakes5 Updated 4 Aug 2010 , 11:51am by Doug

moscakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moscakes5 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 6:03am
post #1 of 5

Hi,
I am hoping someone could help me, my son has asked me to make him a helicopter cake. I have learned alot from this site and I am hoping I can learn this also.

I have already searched online for tutorials, including this site, based on what I have found I think I need to use the egg shaped pan and carve into shape.

If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. Am I right about the pan? My second choice was a oval pan?

Thanks in the advance for the guidance.

Monique
LL

4 replies
tcwheeler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcwheeler Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 5

I think carving cake and fondant. icon_smile.gif Since my son's only 7, he would just be thrillled with a dimensional helicopter themed cake. I would make a scene of some sort and use his Lego helicopter or something similar. That may be the easy way out to some, but it's so fun to come up with it all to make it "lifelike".

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 6:15am
post #3 of 5

I think the egg pan will be closer to what you need.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 6:43am
post #4 of 5

when it comes to things like this.. hunt doug down. He is probably sleeping right now.. but find him in the morning!! icon_biggrin.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 11:51am
post #5 of 5

actually, a sheet cake split length wise and stacked on itself will work just as well.

What with the carving involved, there's no real advantage to using egg or oval pan.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%