Wedding Cake Fountain

Decorating By mandysue Updated 27 Jul 2010 , 8:48pm by sweettreat101

mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 4

So, I've had a request for a wedding cake with a fountain. The problem is I don't have a fountain, and I'm not sure I want to spend the money on one...I feel like fountains are going out of style, and even if I'm wrong, I don't do very many wedding cakes.

If I were to go ahead and buy one, any suggestions on what to get and where to buy it?

Any thoughts on what to do if I don't want to run out and purchase a fountain?

Thanks!

3 replies
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 4

Check out your local party rental company-most of them have cake fountains to rent at a reasonable price. Charge your client the cost of the rental!

Wilton sells a nice, reasonably-priced fountain if you wish to purchase one. Most craft shops like Michael's or Hobby Lobby would have them. Use a coupon, if possible! icon_smile.gif

Do you have any decorators in your area that you could borrow/rent one from them?

If you lived clost to me, I'd give you one of mine: I've got 3 stashed away in my basement! icon_lol.gif

baker69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baker69 Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 4

Check out a local party rental shop. I've seen cake fountains at party rental shops in the Atlanta area where I live, maybe your area does, too.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 4

Do you have a cake supply store in town? I rent my fountain and fountain plates and pillars for 25.00 for the weekend. You have to take into consideration that you not only have to purchase the fountain but the plates and pillars to support the cake. You can try Ebay if you really want one or print Michael's coupons online and save 40% on the fountain and plate set. Our Michael's had a fountain for 59.99 and the plate set was 49.99 before the discount. You could also add part of the cost to the cake price. When I made this cake http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1686079 I had my friend rent the fountain and pillars that way I wasn't responsible for returning them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%