Need Help Fast!

Decorating By a2e4w Updated 26 Jul 2010 , 4:53pm by a2e4w

a2e4w Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
a2e4w Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 5

Ok I need to make a baby fairy for a baby shower cake.......I have never used gumpast b4....I use a lot of fondant and I was wondering if gumpast is similar to fondant or if its more like the candy melts with corn sryup.....just wondering......oh and any pointers on how to make a baby faiy please let me know! Thanks

4 replies
carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 5

Can't help with the design but I can tell you I would use Gum paste over fondant for something like this. It dries faster and you can get it very thin if need be. I only use Wilton's pre-made gum paste for things that need structure and won't necessarily be eaten. People will tell you adding tylose to fondant will work, but I've done that and MUCH prefer the gum paste. IMO.

AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 4:11pm
post #3 of 5

Gumpaste is similar to fondant. If you usually work in that medium you will be fine. Good luck!

TrixieTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrixieTreats Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 4:13pm
post #4 of 5

I agree with carmijok. I prefer gumpaste to fondant with tylose. The tylose dries out the fondant, however I find it to be a bit gritty. Use the gumpaste exactly as you would the fondant. It will be a bit stiffer than your fondant, but once warmed up by kneading...it is very similar.

a2e4w Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
a2e4w Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 5

thanks! I think I am going to go with gumpast!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%