Anyone Use The Cricut Cake On Paper?

Decorating By mommyto4 Updated 26 Aug 2010 , 4:15pm by catlharper

mommyto4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyto4 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 4:18am
post #1 of 11

I bought a paper mat to do this, but before I buy new blades I'm wondering if the regular blades will fit in the cricut cake housing. Who knows what I need to know? TIA!

10 replies
mommyto4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyto4 Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 2:54am
post #2 of 11

51 views and no answer? Anyone have any help? I need this info ASAP.

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 3:11am
post #3 of 11

I personally haven't used mine - yep, still wrapped and in box, but I also bought the other mats and blades to be able to cut paper.

Here's what made me go ahead and take the plunge - look under the PT 3 section - they cut cheeses, meats and paper.

http://www.cuttingedgecakeart.com/blog.php#03092010

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 3:11am
post #4 of 11

Hi
Yes you can use the cake to cut paper. You need the sticky mat and you need to purchase the deep cut blade and housing. I have made cupcake wrappers with the cake with not problem at all.
Kathy

Cake_Bliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Bliss Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 3:31am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_confections

I personally haven't used mine - yep, still wrapped and in box, but I also bought the other mats and blades to be able to cut paper.

Here's what made me go ahead and take the plunge - look under the PT 3 section - they cut cheeses, meats and paper.

http://www.cuttingedgecakeart.com/blog.php#03092010

Thank you!!! For posting the linkicon_smile.gif I have the Cricut Cake and this link has so much info on it icon_biggrin.gif

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 1:34pm
post #6 of 11

THis is good to know. I just bought a Cricuit Cake on ebay and would like to be able to use it for signs in my classroom. Yay!

Acjohnson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Acjohnson Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 2:18pm
post #7 of 11

I have used my Cricut cake to cut paper. I purchased additional cake blades and keep them separate. I don't see a need to buy the entire deep cut blade housing.

nhbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nhbaker Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 2:37pm
post #8 of 11

I've used the cricut cake to cut many things from fondant to vinyl, to even plastic stencils. However, I've discovered the following: Regular cricut deep cut blades will not fit in the deep cut cake blade housing so you either have to buy extra deep cut cake blades or a regular cricut deep cut housing. Have not bought a regular depth housing to try that though.

On a separate note -- I was given a cricut cake by my MIL and I didn't have the heart to tell her that I already had one. I believe she bought it at Michaels but they don't allow returns on them (plus I don't have the receipt). Was thinking of keeping it to do paper and keep the other for just cake but that seems kinda silly! Considering selling it on EBay (it's never been opened and still has the original cricut seal). Anyone interested?? Not sure what to ask, plus shipping would be involved as I live in the boonies!!

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 4:18pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbaker

I've used the cake to cut many things from fondant to vinyl, to even plastic stencils. However, I've discovered the following: Regular deep cut blades will not fit in the deep cut cake blade housing so you either have to buy extra deep cut cake blades or a regular deep cut housing. Have not bought a regular depth housing to try that though.

On a separate note -- I was given a cake by my MIL and I didn't have the heart to tell her that I already had one. I believe she bought it at Michaels but they don't allow returns on them (plus I don't have the receipt). Was thinking of keeping it to do paper and keep the other for just cake but that seems kinda silly! Considering selling it on EBay (it's never been opened and still has the original seal). Anyone interested?? Not sure what to ask, plus shipping would be involved as I live in the boonies!!

Great tip about the blades, thanks.

Definitely put your Cricut on ebay if you don't get any takers here. There are lots of them there and while they're selling cheap it's still money in your pocket.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 2:09pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbaker

On a separate note -- I was given a cake by my MIL and I didn't have the heart to tell her that I already had one. I believe she bought it at Michaels but they don't allow returns on them (plus I don't have the receipt). Was thinking of keeping it to do paper and keep the other for just cake but that seems kinda silly! Considering selling it on EBay (it's never been opened and still has the original seal). Anyone interested?? Not sure what to ask, plus shipping would be involved as I live in the boonies!!

I have a similar issue - I was given an Expression as a gift which can't be returned. If there is anyone that would like to buy it, I'd be happy to work out a deal.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 4:15pm
post #11 of 11

You sure can, do it all the time. I did buy deep cut blades and the sticky paper mats. Just remember to keep cake blades/mats for cake and paper blades/mats for paper and you'll be fine. Now, due to the different thickness of different types of paper you will need to adjust speed/pressure to accomodate the paper.

Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%