Blow Torch + Cake = Stress Reliever

Decorating By Cindy619 Updated 26 Jul 2010 , 3:10pm by Suzisweet

Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 3:26am
post #1 of 9

So I didn't have any cakes this weekend that I HAD to make, so I decided why not make one for a friend who manages a pizza shop. Well, let me tell you, after seeing Buddy use a blow torch to melt his "cheese" (fondant) on a pizza cake, I thought I'd give it a try.

IT'S A BLAST!!!

Now I want you to know that I don't consider myself a pyro, but boy, it sure relieves stress when you take a blow torch to your cake! Don't just take my word for it, give it a try sometime!

BTW - I use MMF, so it kinda tasted like toasted marshmallows - with a lot of extra sugaricon_smile.gif

8 replies
PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 3:48am
post #2 of 9

Do you have photos?

I'm trying to picture this in my mind and all I can envision is your avatar photo wearing a welding helmet going nuts blowtorching the heck out of a lovely 3 tier wedding cake. icon_lol.gif

Bskinne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bskinne Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 3:50am
post #3 of 9

LOL...I have a few cakes I would have liked to take a blow torch too...

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 3:50am
post #4 of 9

That sounds like so much fun !!! icon_lol.gif

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 3:57am
post #5 of 9

Yummmmmm, toasted marshmallows. I hope there was chocolate under that - then it would be like a 'smore.

Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:43pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Quote:

I'm trying to picture this in my mind and all I can envision is your avatar photo wearing a welding helmet going nuts blowtorching the heck out of a lovely 3 tier wedding cake

Okay, now that made me laugh extremely hard!!! I can see the headline now, "Cake girl gone MAD!"

...I might just have to capture that idea in a photo or two...stay tuned icon_wink.gif

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:53pm
post #7 of 9

sounds yummy, and I bet it looked awesome!
icon_smile.gif Jodi

momnzoes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momnzoes Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:06pm
post #8 of 9

I just watched the Paranormal Cakes Challenge on Food Network from last night. One of the decorators used a blowtorch to make a cracked leather texture for a jacket. I was wondering how on earth it ever occurred to her to do that-- although I, too, have had cakes which would have been improved by the liberal application of a flame!

Suzisweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzisweet Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:10pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by momnzoes

One of the decorators used a blowtorch to make a cracked leather texture for a jacket. I was wondering how on earth it ever occurred to her to do that

Think of roasting a marshmallow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%