Cookies & Food Safe Products

Baking By bakermeister Updated 23 Jul 2010 , 10:16pm by bakermeister

bakermeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermeister Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 5

WOW!! THANKS Cake Central for having this site to help all of us bakers, artists, creative thinking people who use food as their medium/product to create these masterpieces that are shown, photographed, tips, hints, insight, experiences, etc. on this site!!

As a cookie baker when I look at anything these days I see it in a cookie design, does anyone else do this? Or maybe you see things as a cake, or another speciality field is, that's where all of us creative people have FUN with what we do.

I am an outside the box thinker to be creative in the cookie & sweets field to bake and offer something new, fresh ideas & creative. In finding things to enhance, stamp, stencil, etc. on the cookies I am all about food safe products. In doing research of rubber stamps, stencils, anything else that would be found at the craft store, hardware, etc. maybe to give an imprint, design, etc. on your products we bake are not all created equal. To use these on the baked goods I make, to be sold & eaten by people that I am responsible that they are food safe. This reflects me & my business that no one gets sick from something those products may have been made of not intended to be used with or on food products. It has taken a little longer to find food safe rubber stamps, culinary stencils, imprint items, etc. things to give the cookies a little extra wow. Hope this will help some of you creative food artists in this area. Thanks for your time in reading.

Anyone who has some extra food safe hints for me in the cookie field I would greatly appreciate your input. THANKS!!

4 replies
CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 5

Welcome to the board!

I hear what you're saying about making sure everything is food safe. You need to be extra careful when re-purposing items that are not meant for food. Research it, what it's made of, and if it is okay to come into contact with food and you'll be fine.

bakermeister Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 7:01pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks CookieMeister! Appreciate your help.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 8:26pm
post #4 of 5

yes, definitely - call the manufacturer and see if it's food safe.

I can tell you that there have been threads i the past about stencils and rubber stamps... some are made to be food safe and some are not. A lot of it has to do with adhesives (for example to adhere the rubber stamp to the wood block) or plastic (as in stencils) used not being food safe.

bakermeister Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 10:16pm
post #5 of 5

Thank bonniebakes!
You are right. All of the rubber stamps out there with the wood back are NOT food safe, the clear ones that mount onto an acrylic block -some of them are made of ground glass & other things for sure are not food safe & to come no where near food, not all are created equal. There are clear food safe ones you just have to look on internet. You have to be your own advocate, be the detective & find them.
Thanks again for your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%