Disaster Strikes! Part 2

Decorating By Jamface Updated 6 Feb 2011 , 11:30am by mombabytiger

Jamface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jamface Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 11:44am
post #31 of 34

Sorry I've not replied sooner, been on hols.

Thanks for the nice comments about my cupcakes - I was pleased with my work.

The cake stand was from UK ebay - I wouldn't recommend it though to be honest, it's a faff to put together and the seperators break really easily.
I've since bought a new one from wedding acrylics with a central pole and it is much better.

Claire icon_smile.gif

bennett5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bennett5 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 2:37pm
post #32 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcake

You saw a little boy with a sheepish look...so you gave him a 'death stare'?

Sounds a bit harsh on your part. If you had said you saw a little boy with a malicious sneer, I'd understand.

You had to spend a few minutes fixing some cupcakes, but you may have given that little boy a whole day's worth, perhaps more, of embarrassment and feeling like crap.

Let's try to remember who the adults are. Adults have the capacity to wound much harsher than a few messed up cupcakes.

Yes,I agree, Lets remember who the adults are here and not speak to each other in such Condescending ways!!
Give me a break! She "wounded" him w/a look??? How about the stupid parent that lets this kid walk around with some twisted sence of entitlement!?! Now thats what REALLY wounds children! This kid and his mother sound like poster children for that stupid Jersey Shore show I keep hearing about! Children are supposed to respect their elders and parents MUST make sure this is ingrained in them!!

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 4:59am
post #33 of 34

My first wedding cake was huge thing that fed 300.
Took me and the bride three days to make it.
Once we had it stacked on the table, I realized that the wedding party has no less than six small children in it and they had arrived to take pictures an hour before the ceremony.
I was going to have to leave to get ready and the cake was an 'attractive nuisance".
I proceeded to take the chairs from the surrounding tables and build a barrier around the table, leaving a good three feet of empty space between the cake and the chairs. I'd have put up razor-wire, however that didn't go with the motif.
Someone pointed my re-arranging the furniture to the wedding party.
The bride called out, "Good idea!" thumbs_up.gif
The cake was her special recipe and she had canned the jam used in the filling, herself. She had as much invested in that dessert as I did. icon_wink.gif

Still think we should have posted a guard to not only keep away the little poky finger kids, but the runners and the 'just curious' ones, too.

By the way, my children stayed home that day.
They know how to behave, but it wasn't their kind of party.
And I'm with the others...that ball would have been mine for the night. icon_cool.gif

mommachris

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 11:30am
post #34 of 34

When I was the pastry chef at a country club, on special occasions we had a chocolate fountain. The spolied little bra...I mean darlings, would dip their sticks into the chocolate and then fling it everywhere. These are kids wearing $200 dresses surrounded by women in $1000 outfits. I finally put up a sign saying "Adult Supervision Required".

I got in trouble.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%