Transporting Cupcakes?

Baking By KUUISMA Updated 26 Jul 2010 , 3:42am by sugarjones

KUUISMA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KUUISMA Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 5:44am
post #1 of 6

Yea! I was asked to do cupcakes for a wedding in August. 200 to 250 cupcakes. My question is, what is the best way to transport them? I cant imagine using clam shells that only hold 1dz each. I am at a complete loss. Please, any suggestions? icon_smile.gif

5 replies
MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 2:16pm
post #2 of 6

I'm curious about this, too...
There are lots of different answers on the boards... cake boxes with cupcake inserts (there are some that carry up to 36), plastic underbed storage boxes with non slip liners, the cupcake courier boxes, etc.
I'm wondering if it's better to put the cupcakes in the cardboard boxes for air circulation. But will it be the same if they're in the cupcake couriers and just leave the lids off and cover gently with some wrap, and then when you leave to make the delivery, put the lids on? I'm going back & forth on all of this!
Thanks!

sugarjones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarjones Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 10:56pm
post #3 of 6

It is much better to store your cupcakes in pastry boxes. Check out Big River Boxes (google it, I'm not exactly sure what the web address is). They have AMAZING boxes and inserts (you have to buy them in bulk though but they are not very expensive). They are very sturdy. I stack 3 on top of each other for transport with no problems whatsoever. I tried those plastic cupcake transporters and they stink! My fondant decorations always wilted and became soggy. For super large orders, I've always baked the day before and stored in pastry boxes without any issues. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 11:23pm
post #4 of 6

thank you, sugarjones! this really helps!

KUUISMA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KUUISMA Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 5:39am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the website. It is great and is perfect for my needs.

sugarjones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarjones Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:42am
post #6 of 6

You're very welcome icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%