Edible Image Printer Questions

Decorating By FH_Cakes Updated 22 Jul 2010 , 12:00am by icingimages

FH_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FH_Cakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:39am
post #1 of 3

I have read several threads on the debate of Canon vs. Epson...I feel I am more confused now then I was before!

I will only be using this once per month, if that. I am concerned about the ink drying out if left in the machine. Do I take the cartridge out and wrap it up when not in use?

I already have my rice paper and frosting sheets, I just need to find the right printer for my needs (which are minimal).

Any suggestions on brand/model?

2 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 11:51am
post #2 of 3

I have an epson c88+ and love it. I do print something once a week to be sure the ink doesn't dry out though.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 12:00am
post #3 of 3

Hi, we actually recommend that you dont purchase an edible printer if you only plan to print once per month. But we have a lot of customers who still own them. If you do not plan to use it regularly, I definately recommend the Canon. Canon has a removable printhead which you can take out and rinse clean. In addition, I would get Gold Label cartridges as they are spongeless. This way your cartridge doesnt dry out. Cartridges with sponges are a little more troublesome and can dry out similar to a magic marker would if it sits unused. Now remember, you can print on regular paper using edible ink. If you get refills, your cost of ink will stay down as well. Now we sell a steamer as well which really cleans out the printheads beautifully. Plus I like to use it on other stubborn stains around the house! Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%