Eggless Cake?

Baking By Heavenlydelights107 Updated 20 Jul 2010 , 1:42am by Heavenlydelights107

Heavenlydelights107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heavenlydelights107 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 12:59am
post #1 of 5

I had someone call yesterday for a cake. It is a 30th bday. She wants a full size cake (well to feed 15) and the acutal bday girl is allergic to eggs.

Anyone have a recipe for an eggless cake? Is this possible?

Thanks!

4 replies
halleyec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
halleyec Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 1:18am
post #2 of 5

I have a really nice moist chocolate cake which has no eggs. It has an unusual texture but becomes moister as the days go on, it is not as rich or heavy as a mudcake. My son is allergic to eggs but alot of my customers order this one over and over again (without knowing its egg free)

This recipe is also dairy free

1 cup plain flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
3 tablespoon cocoa
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
1 tablesppon vinegar

Combine all dry ingredients and combine all wet ingredients. Slowly add all wet indredients to dry mixture and beat till smooth. (mixture is very liquid so dont be tempted to add more flour. Bake 160 degrees celcious till firm to the touch and skewer comes out clean. Leave in pan to cool and then remove.

I multiply this mix by 4 for a 10" round tin.

I hope this helps

Halley

Heavenlydelights107 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 1:23am
post #3 of 5

This sounds perfect! She only wants like a 6" cake so I am sure this would be fine, unless I make the whole cake like this for them. It is probably going to be a 1/4 sheet because she wants a shopping bag (doing it laying down vs 3d) she does not wnat to pay for 3D!

Tracy7953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy7953 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 1:32am
post #4 of 5

I have made several eggless cakes. I just used the egg replacer that you can buy in the store. They turned out ok.

Heavenlydelights107 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 1:42am
post #5 of 5

I mentioned the egg subsitute but the girl who is ordering the cake is afraid. The friends throat closes etc, so she is taking no chances.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%