Westchester County, Ny

Decorating By cutthecake Updated 27 Jul 2010 , 2:25am by cutthecake

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 5

I've been looking for high-ratio shortening and fondant (not Wilton's or Duff's) locally, and I cannot find either. Does anyone know a place in Westchester that sells them? Come to think of it, the only places I know of that sell caking stuff are Michael's, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Joann's and the upscale housewares stores. No stores cater to bakers.
Does any Westchesterite know a great cake supply place that I haven't found yet? (I do not want to go into the city to NY Cake Supply.)
Thanks.

4 replies
bakingpw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingpw Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:19am
post #2 of 5

Find someone who has a card or get a card to Restaurant Depot (card holder has to have tax ID number). Rest. Depot is in Mt. Vernon - they have the shortening you are looking for and much more!

cutthecake Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 1:33pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for your reply. I'm a hobby baker, so I don't have a tax ID#.

chanielisalevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 2:11am
post #4 of 5

I think there's a place in the Bronxs, the name escapes me - who is a distributor for many different companies. drats, I can't remember their name but they had a booth at that horrific cakeshow in NYC in the winter that flopped to pieces. There they told me they have a store. I think it was Bronx? I doubt that helps you but maybe you can research it.

cutthecake Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 2:25am
post #5 of 5

Thanks. I'll try that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%