Need Help! Transporting Stacked Cakes?

Decorating By DianaC31 Updated 19 Jul 2010 , 7:03pm by debster

DianaC31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaC31 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 3

So some friends and family like my cakes and I have recently gotten a few "orders." (I use that term lightly as I am giving these cakes away icon_wink.gif )

I have yet to transport a stacked cake and I am scared to death to do so. However, if I am going to be making cakes for other people, I don't want to be transporting tiers and stacking the cake on location. Very difficult and not very professional.

When I stack, I normally use the wooden dowels on each individual tier. Nothing down through the middle. Is this key? How do I get my cake from point A to point B in one piece?

Please - any advice is welcomed!! Tell me what I need to do! My girlfriend is having a jewelry party in September and this is going to be my trial run.

Thanks, CC'ers! You are the best icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 3

I would not recommend traveling with them stacked. Box each tier in it's own bakery boxes and line the back or floor of your vehicle with no skid material (non slip drawer liner works great) and drive slowly. Stack at the venue. Make sure to pack and emergency kit for repairing anything that may get damaged in transit or in the stacking process.

Cat

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 7:03pm
post #3 of 3

I've moved up to a 5 tier stacked, I use the Wilton white plastic dowels, yes they are larger but supports well and that's key I'm a chicken. I run a wooden dowel down the middle up to a 3 tier and one in front and back for a 4-5 tier. I take corners slow and no fast stops. We have moved many this way without a problem. Breathe deep!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%