Will It Still Be Good???

Decorating By cakegroove Updated 18 Jul 2010 , 1:49am by Aeropanda

cakegroove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegroove Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 1:28am
post #1 of 3

Made WASC cake Thursday w/raspberry filling. Decorated it yesterday w/buttercream & fondant. Customer picked up today. Decided not to eat it until Monday. Will something funky happen w/the fondant or filling if they wait that long?

2 replies
kellikrause Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellikrause Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 1:35am
post #2 of 3

I think it should be ok. The fondant will keep it moist. As along as it wasn't fresh raspberries I would think it should be ok.

Aeropanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aeropanda Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 1:49am
post #3 of 3

I have to agree with kellikrause. A relative was going to have her daughter's birthday a week after I was gonna be able to make the red velvet cake with buttercream icing. I told her I wasn't guaranteeing anything, but she wanted me to make it. So she accepted it. I got a call from her the day after the party and she was talking about how everyone was raving about how good it tasted and how moist it was. I really thing that the fondant helps seal in some of the moisture. I'm not recommending that ANYONE keep a cake on the shelf for that length of time, but it was a "eat at your own risk" kinda thing. I wouldn't agree to do it for a regular customer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%