What Sized Tiers To Feed 75?

Decorating By lovely_me Updated 17 Jul 2010 , 3:53pm by Sweet_Guys

lovely_me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely_me Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 2:16pm
post #1 of 5

I cant find the serving size links? I know I have seen them on here before, but I cant seem to find them right now. Can someone either link me to them or let me know what sized tiers I should use for a 3 tiered cake to feed 75?

Thanks!

4 replies
lisamenz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisamenz Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 5

My serving size would be 12/8/6 thats in rounds. That only includes the bottom two tiers for the 75 servings. That is not in the top 6" tier. Thats for the bride to have to eat on the honeymoon or their one year anniversary. Also remember, squares or other pans will serve a little more or a little less , depending on the type of pan you chose. Happy Cake Decorating icon_wink.gif

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 5

Lovely---

If you have a Wilton yearbook handy, you can find the charts in the back of the book in the reference section. Not knowing what your event was for, I put together a few suggestions for you in the 75 count range:

14" round=78
8" round, 12" round=68

12" square=72
6" square, 10" square=68
8" square, 10" square=82

11"x15" sheet pan=74

HTH

Paul

lovely_me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely_me Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 2:40pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Guys

Lovely---

If you have a Wilton yearbook handy, you can find the charts in the back of the book in the reference section. Not knowing what your event was for, I put together a few suggestions for you in the 75 count range:

14" round=78
8" round, 12" round=68

12" square=72
6" square, 10" square=68
8" square, 10" square=82

11"x15" sheet pan=74

HTH

Paul

Thanks so much! I just c&p'd this and printed it. I am going take it to the inside of my baking cabinet!

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 3:53pm
post #5 of 5

I would go to the Wilton website and pull off their cake charts, too...then you can mix and match combinations.

One of my summer projects is to work on a chart that incorporates various sizes so you can see up front what to use.

Paul

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%