Sinking Cakes!!!!!!!!!

Baking By faial Updated 14 Jul 2010 , 10:11pm by dvergara

faial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faial Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 6

help!!!!!!
I baked 2 6" square cakes and 2 6" round chocolate cakes at the same time .....I took them out of the oven and they have a sink hole in the center.......what went wrong ???????

help help help

5 replies
conkam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conkam Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 8:36pm
post #2 of 6

I have had this problem too. I was using Duncan Hines cake mix as a base with an extender. So the answer I got was to stop using DH and switch to Betty Crocker. I stopped with boxed mix all together and started to make chocolate cake from scratch. Try the recipe on the back of the Hershey's Cocoa can. It works for me. Sorry about the cakes, it really get me crazy when that happens.

craise79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craise79 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 8:47pm
post #3 of 6

I have also had the same problem with DH. I switched to Betty Crocker. I had to throw out 36 Red Velvet cupcakes last week! UGG!

dvergara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dvergara Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 6

Its because you are not letting the cake long enough so it doesnt cook throughly

faial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faial Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 9:54pm
post #5 of 6

thanks everyone......
I am baking with the Hershey's Cocoa recipe ......I also baked a 12" and 10"
and they were fine.....I now think that I probably didn't leave them in the oven long enough since I was baking 4 at once.......how much longer should I bake when doing more than one?

dvergara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dvergara Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 10:11pm
post #6 of 6

What I do is look and use a tooth pick if its to "watery" I leave and check on them in 8 minute interval if they are almost done I check every 5 minutes. Hope that helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%