Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

Baking By cakewhiz Updated 17 Jul 2010 , 6:33pm by julesh268

cakewhiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewhiz Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 4:44am
post #1 of 4

Can anyone give me some pointers on dipping strawberries in chocolate. How soon can you dip strawberries in chocolate and place them onto the cake. Is this something you do at the last minute? Do you use chocolate coating, melted chocolate, chocolate ganache? These chocolate dipped strawberries are going onto a wedding cake.

Any help or tips you can give to me is greatly appreciated.

3 replies
JanelleH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanelleH Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 5:02am
post #2 of 4
cakewhiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewhiz Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 10:00am
post #3 of 4

Thank you so very much, Janelle, for leading me to this information. I appreciate your help.

julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 4

I just made Chocolate covered strawberries for a birthday party and read the link that was provided. I just wanted to add...

Do not refriderate, but keep in a cooler place...not 90 degrees in the sun. The strawberries will not "weep" as was suggested by someone unless they are cut open.

Make sure they are DRY!

I use a little fondue pot that was given to me. I melt the chocolate, dip about 2/3 of the way up and the lay on parchement paper to set. If you are going to be fancy, you can melt white chocolate and put in a plastic bag to drizzle over the top. Do not use an icing tip because the chocolate cools quickly and sets in the tip. With the bag you can re-heat in the microwave for 5-10 sec to get it going again if necessary.

I highly recommend doing them the day of the wedding just so everything is fresh.

I rarely need extra, but would probably make 1 1/2 times what you need to account for the shape of the strawberries and placement.

I love them! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%