Baby Belly Cake Help

Decorating By crystalmomof3 Updated 13 Jul 2010 , 5:40am by FleurDeCake

crystalmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalmomof3 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 5:06am
post #1 of 3

Im pretty to new here and I would love some help. Im making a baby belly cake for this coming sat, and I need a bit of help for how to do it. Im making a square cake and icing it in buttercream, then im going to put the belly on top of the square cake. But the belly will be covered in fondant. The thing i need help is with covering the belly, how do i do this without messing up the buttercream? Do I cover the bobs/belly and then put it on the square cake, or do i cover the belly on top of the other cake? Please, I need some help for you guys that have does this already! Thank you

2 replies
PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 5:14am
post #2 of 3

What about making a dress out of fondant and "draping" that over the bosom & belly? Coat everything in buttercream, then lay the dress over top. I think that would look adorable, maybe you could do a sundress style with thin straps and a summery design?

Or do you want the bare belly showing? If so, I would cover the belly and bosom pieces with fondant prior to placing them on the cake.

FleurDeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FleurDeCake Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 5:40am
post #3 of 3

Take a look at my photos. Baked a 12 in square cooled and iced in BC. I used the wilton egg shaped pan for the belly and the wilton mini wonder mold pan for the breasts, I just trimmed them a bit to make the breast look more round. Then cut a board the same size as the egg shape ,put cake on board, iced it and after inserting straws into 12 in i placed the egg shape and round for breast on the cake . Then I made a pattern for the dress skirt and bodice , used that to cut out each piece from fondant,Placed bodice fondant piece on first then placed the dress piece letting it drape over the side of the cake . Added accents and ribbon and there you have it a Baby Belly Cake . PM me if you need any thing else.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%