Dessert Bar Or Cupcakes In A Jar

Lounge By sweettooth88 Updated 12 Jul 2010 , 2:16pm by sweettooth88

sweettooth88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth88 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 1:08pm
post #1 of 7

I am trying to decide if i want to have a dessert/cand bar at my wedding or jut make cupcakes in a jar as a easy favor. Either way I will be making the desserts or cupcakes. What would you prefer or would serve at your wedding?

6 replies
MichelleB0802 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleB0802 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 1:15pm
post #2 of 7

i did a candy only buffet at my wedding. it was a big hit!

my sis in law is doing a desset buffet(cookies, tarts, cream puffs, eclairs, etc but no cupcakes)

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 1:19pm
post #3 of 7

Maybe I'm not picturing it right, but as a guest I wouldn't like trying to dig my cupcake out of a jar. (Geesh, I just paid to have those nails done!) icon_lol.gif Sounds like the kind of thing that LOOKS pretty or cute, but the logistics are not pleasant.

If I have the wrong visual on this, please correct me.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 2:02pm
post #4 of 7

So what exactly IS a cupcake in a jar? That's new to me.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 2:08pm
post #5 of 7

Maybe I'm missing something in your post. A dessert bar and favors are two very different things. I'm not sure how one would replace the other.

MichelleB0802 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleB0802 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 2:15pm
post #6 of 7

if it were a cupcake in a jar, couldn't the guest just take them home to eat? then it would be the favor

you could also provide spoons so guest have the option of eating it at the reception

sweettooth88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth88 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 2:16pm
post #7 of 7

The cupcakes in a jar would be a favor. Whereas the dessert/ candy bar would be available to eat during the wedding but we would also have bags or boxes so the guest could take the goodies home. Right now i am leaning toward the dessert bar but the cupcakes in a jar are a cute suggestion.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%