Need Ideas For Brown Cake With Burgund Or Red And Gold Decor

Decorating By honeyscakes Updated 12 Jul 2010 , 6:12pm by honeyscakes

honeyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeyscakes Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 11

I am asked to make a wedding cake for my niece's daughter( I am her great aunt,she is only 4 years younger than me icon_biggrin.gif heeheee)
anyways, I don't want to mess with buttercream this time...I've made so many Butter cream cakes...I wanted to flirt with Chocolate Ganache...so I am thinking an all brown wedding cake, now this is an Indian wedding...so all she wants is height (4 tiers) and colors to match her wedding outfit (burgundy and gold) ...
Can anyone share any ideas ,pictures of simple and easy cakes...not much piping..no stencils LOL! we'd be putting silk roses from Hobby Lobby! ya..it is pretty low budget icon_smile.gif
any help is appreciated..
THANK YOU ALL!!!
- H

10 replies
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 6:49pm
post #2 of 11

Does the bride and groom want a brown wedding cake? Ok here's an idea.

Chocolate ganache (set overnight in bowl with plastic covering it on the counter, peanut butter consistency)

Diamond impression mat with gold dragees or these in gold (read this thread)
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-678470.html

Red or burgundy ribbon borders with red or burgundy flowers; maybe some gumpaste twigs curliques painted in gold luster dust and stuck in between the flowers. I'll be back with some pictures.

yummy Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 11
honeyscakes Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 5:02am
post #5 of 11
Quote:

yummy! THANK YOU for your response and your time to dig the links and posting here icon_smile.gif
umm nope! the groom doesn't care about the wedding cake,the bride is waiting on me to come up with a sketch that can impress her...I don't know if she will love Ganache or not..
but like I said...I don't want to mess with Butter cream icon_sad.gif if it is a white cake...I probably won't be making it... icon_sad.gif sigh
I am still looking for more ideas... feel free to send more icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks.
- H

yummy Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 6:24am
post #6 of 11

Here's one, all the next cakes just imagine them in chocolate with red and gold accents (I keep saying red because I think red and brown is sooo hot together; I think it's sexy and you said red or burgundy).

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1716717.html

I'll be back with more.

yummy Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 6:29am
post #7 of 11
Jo-melia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 12:51pm
post #10 of 11

Maybe you could use white chocolate ganache if the brown chocolate isn't her thing.

honeyscakes Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 6:12pm
post #11 of 11

White chocolate ganache sounds great!!! THANK YOU!!!
What awesome ideas! THANK YOU SOOOOOO VERY MUCH YOU GUYS!!!
I will get some sketches ready...and ofcourse I will post them here icon_smile.gif
and then I will update you what the bride decides icon_smile.gif
THANKYYYYYYY
- H

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%