Help With Smbc Please, Urgent!!!

Decorating By miny Updated 10 Jul 2010 , 8:22am by miny

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 7:46am
post #1 of 4

I've done SMBC before but I have no idea why I can't get it right today, everything went well until I added the butter icon_sad.gif I've been beating the heck out of it and it's still very soupy, please I need help fast. TIA icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

3 replies
miny Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 7:57am
post #2 of 4

I don't know what went wrong, I just lifted the cloth covering the mess (it was so soupy it was splattering all over my kitchen, so I cover the KA) and I noticed it looks like spoiled milk, you know like separating, I don't think there is a way to salvage it, it's going to the trash and I have to start again, hope this time I get it right icon_cry.gif

cr8zchpr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cr8zchpr Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 8:00am
post #3 of 4

I'm assuming it's Swiss Meringue, try adding more butter, but if your merigue was still too hot you may have melted the butter and separated the solid from the liquid and may have to start over again. This has happened twice in the past to me and once I added more butter and it regained its body the other I had to throw out the butter had melted with the hot merigue and I had clarified butter and butter fat...hahahh good luck

miny Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 8:22am
post #4 of 4

thanks cr8zchpr, I'm not even gonna try adding more butter because I just have enough to make another batch and I don't want to risk it, the solids and lilqluids are already separated, I have so much to do still and my cake is to be delivered at 10 am, I really want to cry....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%