Keeping The Cupcake Liners On Cupcakes

Baking By debbie36 Updated 10 Jul 2010 , 6:15am by egensinnig

debbie36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie36 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 10:50pm
post #1 of 9

Can anyone help me with cupcakes? When I make them my cupcake liners fall off and don't stay on the cupcakes. I have tried to under bake them and some other things but have no luck. Some stay on but most fall off. I need to cook cupcakes and need the liners to stay on and make the cupcakes look pretty. I really need help. Thanks!

8 replies
JayyBugg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JayyBugg Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 12:56am
post #2 of 9

are you greasing the liner? Are they moist enough? mine always have to be peeled off never had one fall off by itself??

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 1:04am
post #3 of 9

The only time that I have had some liners fall off is if I underbake them, so that could be your problem. Have you tried baking them longer?

practiceandpatience Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
practiceandpatience Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 1:06am
post #4 of 9

I have this exact same problem with my cupcakes. Doesn't matter what type or flavor. I am anxious to hear more suggestions

FACSlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FACSlady Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 1:08am
post #5 of 9

It has happened to me, too. Someone here suggested letting the cupcakes cool in the pans before removing them. It hasn't happened since I started doing that. HTH

sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 1:11am
post #6 of 9

That's happened to me when I wrap them or put them in a large tupperware before they're totally cool or super moist. It's like they kind of "steam" themselves off and away from the cake, whether they're warm or not. Now I make sure they're fully baked, let them sit out for a while to cool, cover them, but just over the exposed tops, not where the papers are. HTH icon_smile.gif

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 1:17am
post #7 of 9

When you are done baking the cupcakes, how do you store them until you are ready to bake? Do you wrap them/put them in a covered container, etc to keep them from drying out until you are ready to decorate them? I have found that sometimes my cake is too moist and the liners will pull away because they have been covered or refrigerated. I try to wait until the last possible minute to bake them so I don't have that trouble (i.e. - they don't have to be stored).

Good luck! Let us know how it works out.

(Oh, you could also buy paper souffle cups...if the cake pulls away from the sides, it won't matter because the cup comes up to the top of the cake and you ice over the top and VOILA! No one knows it came loose!)

-Michelle

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 2:49am
post #8 of 9

This is like the fourth post started about this topic. And all have been started one after the other without looking to see if there is already a discussion being done on the topic.

This is being discussed right now in the cupcake forum. In that discussion I offered to help by asking a bunch of questions to see if we can get to the bottom of why this is happening. I even offered to test someone else's recipe to see if I get the same results.

It might help you if you joined that conversation already in progress.

egensinnig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egensinnig Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 6:15am
post #9 of 9

It also has to do with the quality of the liners. Good quality liners are more sturdy and tend to keep their shape and not go soft and get loose. I don't have this problem any longer since I changed to a more expensive brand. Also recipies with oil - red velvet, carrot cake - caused the liners to come off for me as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%