Need Help!!!

Baking By jamielu23 Updated 8 Jul 2010 , 1:28pm by confectionsofahousewife

jamielu23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamielu23 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 3:12am
post #1 of 6

I have an order for 150 cupcakes for a family reunion in July, the only direction she gave was she doesnt want them all the same and she wants them too be fun!! For me the obvious go to was all differant kinds of flowers, but she was not thrilled with that idea, she wants more fun!!! Help please, I want to be fun and differant, she is a special and loyal customer I dont want to let her down!!! icon_confused.gif
Thanks in Advance!!!

5 replies
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 11:40am
post #2 of 6

I would just do an Internet search for cupcake photos on different blogs, baking sites, etc. and see what caught my eye. If your customer is letting you do whatever you want, it's your chance to try lots of new techniques or products. Have fun!!!!

jjaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjaj Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 12:40pm
post #3 of 6

where are they having the party? if it would go, you could do a beach/summer theme? oh! i just saw some that were made to look like people! very cute! you could do some of pets too! to cover the whole family =0) make sure to post pictures. cant wait to see what you come up with!

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 12:51pm
post #4 of 6

I think you should narrow down her definition of fun....My definition of fun is lying back with a margarita watching cabana boys.....LOL.

flickr.com is a good place to look for cupcake ideas...

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 1:13pm
post #5 of 6

will you be delivering them? Could you make them look like a family tree when displayed?

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 1:28pm
post #6 of 6

Check out cupcakeenvy's photostream on flickr. She does really awesome stuff. Maybe you could get an idea from there.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cupcakeenvy/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%