Edible Image--Will It Get Runny/blurry?

Decorating By rondasnyder Updated 10 Jul 2010 , 1:31am by msthang1224

rondasnyder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rondasnyder Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 5

Hi! I've never done a cake with an edible image and have to make one this Saturday for a party at 4pm. I'm using cream cheese frosting and want to have the cake completed by 1pm (so I have time to set up). If I apply it that far in advance, will it run or get blurry? It's pages from a book, so it has to remain legible.
Any advice is appreciated. Thanks! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 12:10am
post #2 of 5

Hi, I always put my edible images on around 30 minutes before my customer picks up or I deliver. I have never had a problem doing it that way bc I fear the same thing your asking, especially when its hot. What you can do is place them on (if you have time) after you have set up or as close to time party starts. Maybe someone else can advise on placing them on the cake earlier, by experience. Good Luck

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 12:23am
post #3 of 5

i have placed edible images on cakes overnight before pick up.. I dont think they will run.. I have only used them on buttercream and fondant

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 7:54pm
post #4 of 5

You should have no problems with them running as long as you are careful not to have condensation, if it is covered, drip on the cake. Keep the cake out of direct light until it is time for the event!

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 1:31am
post #5 of 5

Thanks, I have 3 cakes with icing images due within the next week and I now I know I can do it ahead of time. Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%