Book Cover

Decorating By sammie192 Updated 8 Jul 2010 , 8:50pm by msthang1224

sammie192 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sammie192 Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 11:11pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all has anyone made the cover of a book out of bc. if so how did it work for you ? I need to make a close bible cake and a open bible and but they only want butter cream icon_rolleyes.gif can anyone help Please? Thank you sammie icon_smile.gif

4 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 12:04am
post #2 of 5

Hi, I have made a closed bible using BC before a lonnnggggg time ago. Sorry, I can't find pic of it. But, all I did was, I used what was leftover from a carved cross I did and stacked 2 pcs together with BC. Then I trimmed the edge to look like a book. Roundness on the leftside (top and bottom) and straight on the rightside (top and bottom). For the crest that we see on books, where it follds. I slightly dig out (lengthwise) a long piece until I got the desired look, then filled it with BC and smoothed with my finger from top to bottom. Iced entire cake smooth.

I did similar to side making the corners sharp instead I carved off straight (slightly inward) edges to look like corners of a book. I used my decorating comb to make t look like pages around all 3 sides. Then of course wrote "Holy Bible" on the top.

I hope that I wasn't too longwinded explaining this and not confusing. HTH

sammie192 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sammie192 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 3:57am
post #3 of 5

Thanks msthang .I think I understand what you are saying, I will give it a go and what happens. icon_rolleyes.gif I am going to bake a 6in or 8in sq. for the book, thanks again sammie icon_smile.gif

msthang1224 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 6:24am
post #4 of 5

You are very welcome, Good Luck

msthang1224 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 5

You are very welcome, Good Luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%