My First All Fondant Travelling Cake!!!

Decorating By iluvpeeks Updated 6 Jul 2010 , 4:42am by 4realLaLa

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 12:10am
post #1 of 6

I just want to thank mamawrobin, Marianna46, and rkei for answering my post. As always, I got great advice from experienced cakers on travelling with my cakes.(especially because it was really hot). I really braved up when I decided to cover them all in fondant. It was all family members at the 4th of July celebration at my daughters house, so I figured I'd give it a shot and try fondant. I love Cake Central and all of the members here who have been so kind in offering their expertise since I joined and started making cakes a few months ago. Thanks again! I've attached a picture of the cake.
Kathy
LL
LL

5 replies
letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 12:33am
post #2 of 6

So, did it travel well? Your cake looks awesome!

iluvpeeks Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 1:50am
post #3 of 6

Hi letsgetcaking
Yes, they did travel well I guess. I followed what was advised, and stacked the cakes at my daughters house. As you can see, the bottom cake has some bulges in the fondant, but with more practice, hopefully I'll get better! Originally, I was going to just use indydebi's buttercream (which I love), but I couldn't get the cakes as smoothe as I wanted to, and I had some fondant on hand so I said why not try? So this was the outcome. Thanks for the compliment.
Kathy

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 2:14am
post #4 of 6

You did a really good job for your first fondant cake!!! Congratulations!!

iluvpeeks Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 4:28am
post #5 of 6

Thank you so much!

4realLaLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4realLaLa Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 4:42am
post #6 of 6

great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%