Bum Deal ..

Lounge By TheCakerator Updated 2 Jul 2010 , 10:35pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 3

I happened to stumble across the perfect corner curio cabinet for my house the other day on craigslist. You know, the perfect thing you see that as soon as you see it, you know you want it, you know exactly where it will go and how you will decorate it? And it was cheap! So I e mailed the person asking if they still had it since it was posted the day before. I didn't hear back from them all day, so I e mailed them again that evening. Before I went to bed I got an e mail back saying it was sold. I was depressed. So the next morning I was still obsessing over it and thought why not post an ad on craigslist myself, seeing if anyone local bought it, and explain that I wanted it really bad and would pay them double for it! So I did and low and behold, about an hour later I got an e mail from the lady who bought it! icon_eek.gif She told me she collects hutches and if it doesn't work out in her house, that she will let me know icon_biggrin.gif I told her again I was serious about paying double for it, so don't toss it out if it doesn't work for her.

About two hours later I got another e mail from her saying that she was now in the same boat as me, because when she called to get directions to go pick it up, I guess they were holding it? The man told her that his wife sold it while he was gone that morning! I told her that was a bum deal cause in my head, it was already not going to work out for her and I was still going to get it! icon_cry.gif I guess now neither of us will get it ...

2 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 3

That just means you are going to find something that will work even better.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 3

I guess that is one way to see it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%