13 Years Of Triplet Cakes

Decorating By grassynoel Updated 1 Jul 2010 , 9:00pm by KKristy

grassynoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grassynoel Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 8:57pm
post #1 of 17

Hi all. Just thought I'd post some images of the cakes my wife and I made over the past 13 years for our triplet sons. I stopped when they turned 10 but my wife is still going. And, as we had a friends party and a family party most years, that meant six cakes, not three. keep in mind that this is the only time we make cakes like these so be kind. icon_smile.gif

Cheers!

Glenn

http://glennmelenhorst.com/wordpress/home-3/cakes/

16 replies
LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 17

What adorable cakes! I really like the Mario Brother's cakes and the pool cake. You two are very talented and your boys are extremely cute! Wow, triplet sons! I have a boy and a girl and expecting another little girl in 6 weeks. Two girls is scary enough but I don't know that I have the what it takes to keep up with three boys!

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 17

icon_eek.gif

You have three 13 year old boys at home and you have the "sanity" to maintain a website? and bake/decorate AMAZING cakes?!! The rest of us need to know what you eat/smoke, etc.
Those are some fab cakes! Wonderful fun and absolutely not anything I expected. Too cool!!! Thank you for sharing.

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 9:34pm
post #4 of 17

Those are great!! thumbs_up.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 9:43pm
post #5 of 17

great job!

(and love the other art too! -- those mat shots are great!)

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 9:59pm
post #6 of 17

I couldn't view the pics icon_sad.gif but I did want to say congrats! My husband is a triplet (2 boys, 1 girl), and I have a 13 yr old boy, so I can only imagine. My MIL has great stories!

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 10:05pm
post #7 of 17

I think it it nothing more rewarding than making you babys cakes. Your cakes are adorable and more than that what wonderful memories

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 10:10pm
post #8 of 17

I wonder why I can't view them icon_confused.gif I get to the page that says "MyWork," but where pictures should be it says "404 not found."

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 10:26pm
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by millermom

I wonder why I can't view them icon_confused.gif I get to the page that says "MyWork," but where pictures should be it says "404 not found."

I get same error message... icon_confused.gif

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 10:35pm
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Quote:
Originally Posted by millermom

I get same error message... icon_confused.gif

I recieved as well, just click on the home tab on the option bar. it will give you a dropdown and you can choose cakes.

Great work, I can't imagine making 3 different (and fairly elaborate) cakes for one birthday.

pikle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pikle Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 10:40pm
post #11 of 17

amazing work!! on all aspects icon_biggrin.gif. I must say, the rabbid cookies are my favorites.. and my daughter's too (she's a rabbit NUT LOL)

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 10:48pm
post #12 of 17

They are awesome!!! So is one of your boys a gourmet at heart?? I notice some of those cakes would rival some pastry chef's creations in an upscale hotel! lol

ie: "Toffee" "CROQENBOUCHE" "banoffee"

grassynoel Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 10:54pm
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

They are awesome!!! So is one of your boys a gourmet at heart?? I notice some of those cakes would rival some pastry chef's creations in an upscale hotel! lol

ie: "Toffee" "CROQENBOUCHE" "banoffee"

yeah, I've got a pretty keen cook in the ranks. Chris asked for the banoffee and the toffee stuff. He made a rhubarb and blackberry soufflé complete with quinelles of vanilla ice cream and roasted hazelnut crumble the other day, perfection. We took lots of photos of it.

Sorry some of you can't see the images. it's a pretty standard wordpress page, not sure what's going on.

~Glenn

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 10:58pm
post #14 of 17

<br />

It's THIS that you have at the end, if you get rid of that on your link it comes up perfectly.

Here is the page with the cakes

That's awesome that he's doing all of that at his age!! Awesome that he has supportive parents who are willing to help him develop his talent as well. On that banoffee cake, that is spun sugar right?? I had a bride contact me about making a cake with that. How long does that last against the icing? Does the icing make it melt over time? Just wondering, I'd really like to take the order but I told her I'd have to mess around with the technique first (since I've never wrapped it around a cake before)

grassynoel Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 11:16pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:

<br />

It's THIS that you have at the end, if you get rid of that on your link it comes up perfectly.

That's awesome that he's doing all of that at his age!! Awesome that he has supportive parents who are willing to help him develop his talent as well. On that banoffee cake, that is spun sugar right?? I had a bride contact me about making a cake with that. How long does that last against the icing? Does the icing make it melt over time? Just wondering, I'd really like to take the order but I told her I'd have to mess around with the technique first (since I've never wrapped it around a cake before)

We kept the spun sugar separate (in an airtight container) and placed it on the cream just before our family arrived.

~Glenn

grassynoel Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 8:29pm
post #16 of 17
Quote:

<br />

Yes, you are right, the link is weird. Thanks for the update. I wish I could edit my first post.

~Glenn

KKristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKristy Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 9:00pm
post #17 of 17

Glen, you and your wife made some great cakes ! The sesame street characters are great...and my favorite Bananas in Pajamas !!!
Hope your boys appreciate you and your talented wife ! Keep up the great work !...maybe one day (far away in the future...) you will be making their wedding cakes...!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%