Icing Opinions (Flavor/climate Resistant)

Decorating By millermom

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 1

I've got the most wonderful bride to work with right now. I did her sister's wedding cake in December, and she pretty much wants the same thing, a few simple modifications.

Here's my question. I decorated her sister's cake with IMBC, and it was great! But now it's July, and hotter than Hades, with equally miserable humidity, and I am nervous about the IMBC. The reception will be indoors at a country club, but you can't always predict the temperature even indoors.

The top tier of the cake will be carrot cake, and I really like the butter-based icings with that cake.

Should I be worried? or if I keep it refrigerated right up until delivery will I be fine? I will be decorating the night before because I have a class with Linda McClure earlier that afternoon before the reception (YAY!)

Also, I will be attaching scattered dragees all over the sides, so I don't want condensation to make them fall off.

Any suggestions/past experience would be great! I love IMBC, but don't have alot of experience with it yet.

Thanks

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%