When Using Fondant On A Cake, Which Icing Is ........

Decorating By curlsandcrowns Updated 29 Jun 2010 , 2:25pm by KrissieCakes

curlsandcrowns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curlsandcrowns Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 12:08am
post #1 of 6

Before you put the fondant on the cake, which icing do "you" prefer to put on first. Just wanting some suggestions. I know you have to put an icing on, then the fondant, but i didnt want to use soemthing that would be costly in ingreadiants. Any suggestions, please. thanks in advance...

5 replies
KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 12:20am
post #2 of 6

I use the Buttercream Dream recipe, found here in the recipe section. It is soooo tasty!

curlsandcrowns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curlsandcrowns Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 12:50am
post #3 of 6

is that the one called dream whip buttercream ?

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 5:32am
post #4 of 6

I use a crusting buttercream like IndyDebi's under my fondant. Not expensive at all.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 6:48am
post #5 of 6

I use either butter cream or ganache. I used ganache on a round cake recently and it worked great. I tried it this weekend on a sculpted cake and didn't care for it to much. When using ganache you need to make sure it is extremely smooth because it will set up. The butter cream is more forgiving.

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 2:25pm
post #6 of 6

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2123/buttercream-dream

Here is the link to Buttercream Dream. It is not the same as the dream whip one - I think Indydebi's recipe uses dream whip. This recipe is so easy to make and tastes wonderful. I have people actually just request the buttercream - no cake! I've been making a lot of buttercream shots these days! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%