Elephant Skin Fondant

Decorating By Lorabell Updated 3 Jul 2010 , 8:23am by curlsandcrowns

Lorabell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorabell Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 7

Hey all CC'ers,

I'm not sure what elephant skin is, but I think my fondant gets it! When I roll it out it gets all these tiny little crack lines.

Could you tell me if that is it and how to fix it?

Thanks all!

Have a blessed day.

Lori

6 replies
BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 7

HI, without seeing a picture it is hard to tell but I would say that it is most likely to dry. If it is premade try working just a bit of shortening into it and see if that helps.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 7

What kind of fondant are you using Lori?

Lorabell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorabell Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 1:18am
post #4 of 7

Hey,

I sometimes use homemade which always seem so stretchy and now I'm using FondX. Even if I use shortening, it still does it.

Lori

curlsandcrowns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curlsandcrowns Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 1:39am
post #5 of 7

This batch of Fondx i bought is doing the same thing. It never done it before. But yes, it is elephant skin because it is too dry when rolling with too much ps . but after it steamed it, i couldnt see the elephant skin anymore. Just don't over steam it either. I prefer the taste of Fondx over Satin Ice, but it didnt dry out like that .

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 7:43am
post #6 of 7

Try Fondarific you won't get elephant skin. A little difficult to knead but nice and pliable to work with and it doesn't dry out like other brands. I get mine from fondant source.

curlsandcrowns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curlsandcrowns Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 8:23am
post #7 of 7

i heard fondarific, doesnt hold shape good to make bows. but it does taste great. what is ya'ls opinion. thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%