Anyone Have A Milk And Peanut Free Cake Recipe?

Baking By shanny2424 Updated 30 Jun 2010 , 1:22am by ptanyer

shanny2424 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanny2424 Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 3:18pm
post #1 of 8

Hi there I was wondering if anyone out there has a Milk AND peanut free Cake recipe that they are willing to share. I have a friend who's daughter has an allergy to milk and milk products and peanuts. She can have eggs so the recipe can include that as an ingredient.
Thanks to everyone in advance!!
Happy Baking icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
korean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korean Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 8

i would think you could ues any recipe and replace milk with water or water with an extra egg for richness. My girlfriend had a dairy allergy and this is what she did or she used soy milk instead.

veghed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veghed Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 8

Substitute unflavored/unsweetened almond milk if she can have almonds. Or you can use hemp milk. I have often substituted soy milk in food prep and it has never affected the flavor or texture.

_christina_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_christina_ Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 5:44pm
post #4 of 8

Most vegan recipes sub non dairy milk AND vinegar for the milk. It creates a reaction like buttermilk. Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World and Babycake NYC both have books out with great recipes. Since she can have eggs you might just be able to get some ideas for the changes you need to make.

Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 8

I just baked cupcakes for my daughter's birthday party where one of the kids was allergic to milk and nuts. I asked the mom if she had a recipe that her son could eat and she advised me to just use Duncan Hines Yellow or Chocolate Cake mix, which do not contain milk or nuts. If your not opposed to using a box mix, I would think this would be a good way for you to go. Just beware, because the Duncan Hines white mix does contain milk so be sure to double check the ingredient list on the sides of the boxes.

leahk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leahk Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 7:29pm
post #6 of 8

eggless choc fudge cake:

3 c flour
2 c sugar
6 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 c oil
1 tbsp vinegar
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups warm water

sift dry ingredients together. mix in the wet and beat until smooth (i do this with a wisk). bake in a 9X12 pan at 350 for 30-40 min.

chanielisalevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 12:54am
post #7 of 8

Since I bake only kosher and products with dairy ingredients can be problematic (the dairy unto itself is fine but not allowed to be consumed with a meal that has meat products in it) so I use ANY recipe I want replacing the mik with water or orange juice if it's chocolate based, or apple juice if its a white cake, or soy milk or rice milk. works perfectly every time. Hope this helps.

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 1:22am
post #8 of 8

My boss's youngest daughter has peanut and dairy allergies. I have been working with him on ingredients that can be used in my effort to make a cake for his family that all members can eat with absolutely no peanuts, nuts and dairy. I use a pound cake recipe and substitute dairy free butter and soy milk or soy coffee creamer for the milk. That's all I have to substitute. I haven't made a chocolate cake for her yet because all of the cocoa and chocolate available in stores locally are manufactured in facilities that process nuts/and or dairy. Even Bettercreme, which is labeled as non-dairy has milk products in it. I know from experience with this family that the slightest contamination of any nut/dairy could kill this child.

If you are going to bake in this manner, you have to read every label and every ingredient on everything you are using. And you wouldn't think it necessary to repeat this process once you found items you could safely bake with, but manufacturers change things all the time and one time it's safe and one time it's no longer safe.

I use Sugarshacks' recipe for buttercream and can use Crisco, confectioner's sugar, flavoring and substitute soy milk creamer (just heat it up like she does her water and powdered creamer).

You can also use non-dairy yogurt in place of sour cream.

Hope that helps"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%