Wholesale Suppliers In East Mids

Business By kimmies_cakes Updated 27 Jun 2010 , 8:59pm by lissyUK

kimmies_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmies_cakes Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 5:16pm
post #1 of 5

hi there i have recently taken on alot more cakes and its proving quite expensive to keep buying equiptment and ingredients from local shops does anyone know of any good wholesalers in the east midlands area or good priced cake supplies shop?? thanks guys icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 5

where is "east midlands"? icon_confused.gif

60sBunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
60sBunny Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 5

England me thinks.

Try your local booker, Makro or costco. The big cash and carries stock a lot of bulk ingredients, but they are not necessarily cheaper so do the maths, though you will save on travel.

Tesco, but the most of anything from anyone, and so they can get a much better deal on some items. I mix and match.

I buy my butter and eggs form Tesco, because I want organic and I buy my chocolate form Makro because they stock 2.5kg and 10kg bahs of callebaut and its 50% of the price per 100g for a far more suitable product.

Your other bet is BAKO. But they as far as I am aware do not supply to residentail addresses so if you are a home baker you will be out of luck with them.

Good Luck

taniabanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taniabanana Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 5

I think kimmies_cakes is in the UK, so it will be around the Birmingham area. But I don't know of anywhere there for wholesale. Sorry! You might like to post this on a UK site, or maybe under the UK cupcake thread here on CC

lissyUK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lissyUK Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 8:59pm
post #5 of 5

Hi there,

I'm in Kent and haven't found a good wholesaler like they have in the States.

I get baking ingredients from Costco, Chocolate products from Key link and all my fondant, boards etc from cake-stuff dot com. They're really cheap, price match and their service is great. They don't do differnt wholesale prices cos they're uber cheap already!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%