Wilton Classes 50% Off For The Month Of July

Decorating By asanchez Updated 27 Jun 2010 , 6:57pm by Btrfly578

asanchez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asanchez Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 12

Hello everyone!!!

for those interested in taking Wilton classes they have been revamped and are offering 50% off per class for July.

Michaels has the information.

11 replies
SuzanneTx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzanneTx Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 12

I signed up a couple weeks ago at Hobby Lobby. I can't wait. I can make great tasting cakes but the decorating needs some improvement.

asanchez Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 12

I want to take some of them to improve my skills also. I am going on Monday to sign up. They have several classes available so I should be able to get in.

SPCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCC Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 7:20pm
post #4 of 12

I'm glad that they are 50% off. Could you imagine having to pay full price and then all the extras you have to buy on top of the class. I took the first class and then figured I could practice at home with the directions of the wilton website.

asanchez Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 12

what supplies do they require?

I have alot of stuff at home?

Btrfly578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Btrfly578 Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 8:13pm
post #6 of 12

I'm the same way SuzanneTx. I have been wanting to take this class for a few years now. I'm going to try my hardest to go next month. I do have one question though. When you pay for the class (Course 1) does that include your kit or do you have to buy that separately?

asanchez Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 10:23pm
post #7 of 12

you buy your kit separately. I am going to ask if I already have the stuff why should I have to buy it.

SPCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCC Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 12:34am
post #8 of 12

When you go to the store see what you need or look online and see what you need. Get the book from your instructor. Mine gave us ours. I didn't buy the kit cause I had most of it anyways. But it's another 25 dollars for the kit. other courses cost more!! You don't HAVE to buy the kit.

Btrfly578 Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 4:28pm
post #9 of 12

Thank you so much for that. I'm going to look into it this week because I want to take advantage of the 50% off. It's something I wanted to do for a while now. I have the time and money to do it so why not. : )

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 4:55pm
post #10 of 12

On the back of each kit is a list of all of the items included in the kit. If you have most of the items you do not necessarily have to buy the kit and can buy individual stock items to complete the list. One thing that is in the kit is the practice boeard and practice sheet which are used frequently in class. You can buy a practice board kit or if you have a practice board you can download the forms in PDF format from the wilton student resource site: http://www.wilton.com/classes/wmstudents/decorating-basics-additional-resources.cfm

In most stores books are given out on the first night of class although I have heard of a few stores doing things differently. You can choose to buy the kits individually (using a coupon makes them a terrific value) or you can choose the Ultimate Cake Decorating Set which includes the ultimate caddy and tools for all three courses as well as a few extras. It is a great value if you are going to take all three courses and even better if you can use a coupon on it as well. Hope that helps!

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 6:10pm
post #11 of 12

Here is a complete listing of items contianed in each the Decorating Basics Student Kit and The Ultimate Decorating set. I hope this can help. All of the supplies for the Decorating Basics course are available to purchase as open stock (dependant on individual store inventories) if you do not want to buy the whole kit - although - sometimes it works out to be a better value to buy the kit in the end.

Tools in the Wilton Decorating Basics course kit:
Set of 37: 12 decorating tips (round tips 1, 3, and 12; star tips 16, 18, and 21; open star tip 1M; petal tip 104; leaf tip 352; bismarck tip 230; drop flower tip 2D; and multi-opening tip 233), 4 standard couplers, 2 reusable featherweight piping bags (10"), 6 disposable piping bags (12"), 6 parchment triangles (15"), Icing spatula (4"), flower nail (1½"), cupcake nail, decorator brush, 2 sheets flower template stickers, and practice board with stand and patterns.

The Ultimate Decorating Set contains the following:
9" & 11" Straight Black Handle Spatulas
9" & 13" Angled Black Handle Spatulas
10" Featherweight Bags - 2 Pk
12" Disposable Bags - 50 Pk
Practice Board with Patterns
4 - Standard Couplers
6 Pc Forming Cups
Large Lily Nail - 2 Pack
15" Parchment Triangles
Round Tips: #1, #3, #5, #12
Star Tips: #14, #16, #18, #21, #1M
Petal Tips: #59s, #101, #104
Leaf Tips: #352 and #366
Bismarck Tip #230
Drop Flower Tip #2D
Multi Opening Tip #233
Thin and Thick Foams
Flower Nail Templates
Brush Set
Gold Foil
Cut & Press Button Flower
Pansy Cutter
Wave Flower Former 2 Pk
2 Pc Mum Cutter Set
Calla Lily Cutter
Calla Lily Former
Scallop Ruffle Cutter
Lily Stamen Set
Tip Dishwasher Pouch
Dusting Pouch
Green Ball Tool
Green Veining Tool
Fondant Smoother
Ribbon Cutter/Embosser
12" Dowel Rods
Round Cut Out Set
Rose Cutter Set 5 pc
8" Cake Circle
Silicone Tip Covers
9" Rolling Pin
Thin and Thick Modeling Sticks
4 Pc Decorating Nail Set
The Ultimate Tool Caddy

Btrfly578 Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 6:57pm
post #12 of 12

Thank you for that info. I'm excited and can't wait to take this class.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%