What Do You Cupcakers Think Of This...

Baking By MariaK38 Updated 26 Jun 2010 , 1:08pm by elegantwedding

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 8

... my brother and his wife are renewing their vows in a couple of weeks with a "white" party... everything's white, we're all supposed to dress in all white (don't ask me HOW!), etc. I volunteered to make cupcakes for the event as their gift.
I was thinking of making white cupcakes filled with white chocolate ganache and topped with indydebi's buttercream recipe. Do you think that's a good flavor combination? Or should I just use buttercream filling and topping? Also, I'll be baking the cupcakes in white liners and cutting out some Cricut wrappers, wait for it... in white! Also, I'll be putting some white sanding sugar on some, white mini non pariels on some, and white sprinkles on some. White enough for ya?!
Any flavor combo tips would be appreciated! Thanks!

Maria

7 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 9:19pm
post #2 of 8

yes, good. and kick up maybe with:

white chocolate raspberry cuppies (flavoring oil)

filled with white choco whipped ganache

and topped with IndyDebi's BC that has had melted white chocolate added to it?

(of course raspberry flavoring could be add to the BC and ganche as well)

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 9:21pm
post #3 of 8

what about mixing the ganache into the buttercream and using it for both? i've never added ganache to indydebi's BC, has anyone else?

robyndmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robyndmy Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 9:21pm
post #4 of 8

Sounds pretty! I think you're definitely on the right track already. Coconut is a great white flavour. Plus you use extracts to get different flavours of bc without losing too much white, if you're wanting a variety. Maybe you can find a white paper that has a little bit of texture in it, just to add some interest.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 9:27pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyndmy

Sounds pretty! I think you're definitely on the right track already. Coconut is a great white flavour. Plus you use extracts to get different flavours of bc without losing too much white, if you're wanting a variety. Maybe you can find a white paper that has a little bit of texture in it, just to add some interest.

ooh...get some pina colada flavoring to go with the coconut!

champagne flavoring? (& white chocolate)

cheesecake? (& white chocolate)

banana? (& white chocolate)

(yes, I am a chocoholic)

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 10:42pm
post #6 of 8

Mmm... those all sound great! Can't wait to get bakin'!
Thanks, all!

Maria

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 11:01pm
post #7 of 8

How about white chocolate, almond, vanilla bean, white chocolate truffle filling, or a coconut & lime combination?

elegantwedding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elegantwedding Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 1:08pm
post #8 of 8

wow!...that will be great...I once saw an event in which all the people wear ALL WHITE...I'm excited for that event and for the cupcake that you will be baking...wew!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%