Urgent** How Do I Revive This Cake

Decorating By gsbcakes Updated 25 Jun 2010 , 1:45am by twinkie126

gsbcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gsbcakes Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 1:00am
post #1 of 5

2 tier anniv red velvet cake due tomorrow morning. Normally with our RV we do not make ahead of time but because of time constraints we made it tuesday and wrapped it really tightly. It is DRY. We attempted Simple Syrup but its not helping and I am afraid to add more because I dont want to soak it. Do you have any other suggestions for me to revive it? We dont want to have to rebake but will if necessary. It is 9 pm EST now and the thought of baking, cooling and decorating this tonight is our last resort. Any other suggestions?

4 replies
aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 1:15am
post #2 of 5

Sorry, I say start baking!

gsbcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gsbcakes Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 1:29am
post #3 of 5

I know I know. I was hoping for a miracle. Did I mention I work a full time job also on top of this that I have to be at in the morning. Looks like an all nighter.

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 1:44am
post #4 of 5

For future reference, if you do exactly the same thing and wrap it very tightly, but then stick it in the freezer, it actually does an excellent job of adding moisture to the cake. Many people (myself included) on CC would never make a cake without first freezing it, simply because of the fantastic texture you end up with.

So sorry this happened to you!!! Good luck!

twinkie126 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinkie126 Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 1:45am
post #5 of 5

I will re re-bake. If you try to fix it it will taste to sweet because the syrup, then you will have to refund the money. If you think is not time to re-bake, cut thin layers and fill with a very soft cream cheese or buttercream, grocery stores have the dry RV and when they fill it change. Anyway, I will re-bake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%