Help With Fillings!!!

Baking By katemegan Updated 24 Jun 2010 , 11:31pm by katemegan

katemegan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katemegan Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 10:19pm
post #1 of 5

I need to put together a tiered cake tonight. The bottom tier is to have raspberry filling and another tier is going to have a lemon filling. I see a lot of recipes. I need the simplest recipes (that tastes good) that will not seep. The cake is for Sat. and today is Thursday! I will keep it refrigerated between now and Sat.

4 replies
adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 10:39pm
post #2 of 5

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7490/lemon-cream-filling

^^This is my all time favorite lemon filling that I've tried so far...and I've tried quite a few recipes on here for lemon filling. It's got a great light taste and a creamy texture and sets up really well. All my family and friends rave about it too-which I love icon_wink.gif HTH and happy caking!!!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 10:41pm
post #3 of 5

None of the fillings will seep if you use a stiff dam to hold them in and do not overfill.

The easiest ones are probably the ones where you mix jam with buttercream.

You may want to browse the recipe tab for fillings. Lots of good choices in there.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 5

For raspberry filling I use a jar of seedless raspberry fruit (not jam or preserves). I heat it on the stove on low heat untill it melts and starts to boil, then I add 1/2 package of sugar-free raspberry jello. Let it cook for 5 min, let it cool, then it's ready. If you want to use it later, just wash the jar and fill or use another container and put it in the fridge.

For lemon use 1 jar of lemon curd or home made, if it's not thick enough (I find diff brands have diff consistancy), add lemon jello and heat until simmer. Let cool.

Also, make an icing dam to hold the filling.

katemegan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katemegan Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 11:31pm
post #5 of 5

Ok. I made a dam and even put a thin layer of icing down - to avoid seeping. I read that some people then put weight on it and let it settle in the fridge for a couple of hours. If I skip this step, am I going to be in trouble?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%