Cake Recipe.....help

Baking By lilyankee5688 Updated 24 Jun 2010 , 4:24pm by in2cakes2

lilyankee5688 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyankee5688 Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 6

I'm doing a cake for a friend 's son who will be 4 next weekend. their entire family does not like chocolate, so i need to make it something else.. I'm thinking WASC but i've never made it before.. would this be a good idea for a 4 year old's birthday?? any other yellow or white cake recipes you suggest?

5 replies
in2cakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
in2cakes2 Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 6

Wasc would be the best idea. jmho

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 6

WASC would be just yummy.

sugalips Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugalips Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 6

The entire family doesn't like chocolate?! Oh, dear, we need an intervention! icon_lol.gif Just kidding, WASC with a fresh fruit or fruit filling and a whipped cream frosting sounds just too good!! thumbs_up.gif

lilyankee5688 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyankee5688 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 1:37pm
post #5 of 6

the cake is going to be a Buzz Lightyear theme, I planned on using BC, does WASC taste good with indydebi's bc?! Hers is the only one I can get completely smooth, almost look like its covered in fondant.. what kind of fruit filling do you suggest? I've never filled a cake with anything other than BC.

in2cakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
in2cakes2 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 6

Thats my go-to icing and yes it goes great with it. Also, if you omit the almond flavoring and double the vanilla it is just that a vanilla cake and goes with just about anything. I would write down all the filling flavors that you are willing to do then have them pick something. Giving them something to look at works better than asking them to pull something out of their heads. Most of my customers will look at me blankly because it isn't really something they think about I guess. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%