Need A Kick Butt, No Fail Pound Cake Recipe!!

Baking By cakebaby59 Updated 23 Jun 2010 , 12:43pm by mustangsallii

cakebaby59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby59 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 3:24am
post #1 of 4

I'm entering a decorated cake at our county fair and they need to taste. I use a doctored cake mix recipe and that won't work cause it's commercial. Can some one point me in the right direction for a good pound cake recipe? Thanks...Linda

3 replies
glow0369 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glow0369 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 3:47am
post #2 of 4

My Mom's Buttermilk Pound Cake Recipe is the bomb if you are interested, I'll pm you

cakebaby59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby59 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 3:50am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by glow0369

My Mom's Buttermilk Pound Cake Recipe is the bomb if you are interested, I'll pm you

that's great...thanks!!!

mustangsallii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mustangsallii Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 12:43pm
post #4 of 4

This is the best recipe ever! I use it for my tiered cakes all the time. Works great with buttercream icing!

3 sticks butter
8 oz cream cheese
3 cups sugar
3 cups all purpose flour
6 eggs
2 tsp vanilla flavoring

Cream butter and cream cheese. Add sugar and beat until fluffy (1-2 minutes usually for me). Add eggs 2 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add flour all at one time. Mix until well incorporated. Add vanilla flavoring and mix well. Bake on 325 for about 45 minutes. Baking time varies depending on the cake pan you use. It yields two deep 8" round cakes, one 11x15 sheet cake, one 10" deep, and one 6" deep. I've used it in square cakes too, but can't remember the yield combination.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%