Need A Filling Idea

Baking By laura4795 Updated 21 Jun 2010 , 3:21pm by FatAndHappy

laura4795 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laura4795 Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 3

I'm making a chocolate cake and using Fondarific Chocolate fondant. It is supposed to taste like Tootsie Rolls. I need some ideas for fillings.

Please keep in mind that I'm really new at this whole thing. I have only made buttercream fillings up to this point. I've also used canned frosting. I actually purchased some chocolate canned frosting to use with this cake, but now I'm having second thoughts.

Is there a simple filling recipe that would be yummy with this combo? Or is my straight buttercream recipe as good as anything? A variation on buttercream? Something totally different?

I should also add that this will be a 2 tiered caked covered in fondant. The filling needs to be able to withstand the fondant weight.

2 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 3:19pm
post #2 of 3

I love sugarshack's buttercream - it's so adaptable and flavors are easily changed by using flavored coffee creamers and extracts! Hazelnut would be yummy - I know I've see a hazelnut flavored coffee creamer.

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 3

Just flavor your buttercream. Maybe almond, coffee to make mocha with the chocolate, cut cherries in the chocolate and use the cherry juice instead of water in the butter cream, and any kind of jello or pudding will flavor it (french vanilla is nice). Just stay simple and enjoy the decorating!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%