Serving Sizes Again.....sorry

Decorating By SISA Updated 28 Jun 2010 , 7:27am by JaimeAnn

SISA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SISA Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 12:37pm
post #1 of 11

I am a home baker and really just do this for family and friends so I don't have alot of experience with halls & restaurants. I have a shower cake to do that the hall will be cutting and serving. If I read the Party cake chart I would need a 12,10 & 8 square for 100 people and if I read the Wedding cake chart that will serve roughly 154 people. I need this cake to serve apprx. 100 people. I am not sure what to bake. That seems like alot of cake for 100 people. Any opinions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!!!

10 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 1:51pm
post #2 of 11

I use the wedding servings for all my cakes no matter what the occasion is for. A 6/8/10 square would give you 100 1.5x2x4 in servings

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:08pm
post #3 of 11

Ummm, Texas, the wedding serving size is 1 X 2 X 4.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:16pm
post #4 of 11

Two things about this:

Go by wedding sizes. That should be your standard. Make the cake you need.

Also, since this is for friends and family, I sometimes find it easier to decorate a larger cake with little increased expense. And, friends and family have never complained about extra cake. The 'extra' is the 10" square that my circle would fight over like pit bulls.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:21pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Ummm, Texas, the wedding serving size is 1 X 2 X 4.

Opps, that's what I meant. I'm not completely awake yet.

SISA Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 6:05pm
post #6 of 11

Thanks everyone for your reponses. I still may have to go 8,10 & 12 because of the shoe mold I bought to use on the top but, I'll have to play with that. I really appreciate the quick reponses!!!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 9:19pm
post #7 of 11

Since you mention you're a home baker, I have no idea if you're licensed or not, but if you're not, be sure the venue will permit cakes to come in from unlicensed bakers. Some do, some don't, but you don't want to find that out on delivery day! ;-

SISA Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 12:12am
post #8 of 11

Thanks Indy for giving me the heads up. They said it was fine. But, once again you offer good advice. You always offer such good infomation. You are a real blessing on here.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 12:32am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SISA

Thanks Indy for giving me the heads up. They said it was fine. But, once again you offer good advice. You always offer such good infomation. You are a real blessing on here.

As long as you've already checked, then all is good! thumbs_up.gif

SISA Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 3:50am
post #10 of 11

Well I went with a 12,9 & 6. That was the sizes I had in square pans so I just went with it. I figured she would have a little left over but, the Venue got all 100 slices out of the 6 & 9. I don't think anyone would have given me that answer....lol Oh well she loved the cake and she had alot to take home! Thanks again for your responses!!

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 7:27am
post #11 of 11

WOW whoever is cutting cake at that venue sure knows how to stretch some cake hahahahahaha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%