I've Lost A Good Friend And Fellow Cake Decorator!

Lounge By young9 Updated 26 Jun 2010 , 8:12pm by asanchez

young9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
young9 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 7:54pm
post #1 of 55

we had a freak storm in our very small community last night and my friend had a house about 3 miles from town. i think the National Weather Service has determined it was a downburst. her house was picked up and flipped over like a pancake and landed 250 feet off its base. it was a brand new modular home, she had only been in it around a year or so. her husband is in the hospital with some broken bones and his surgery went well, my friend however died shortly after arriving at the hospital. she was an amazing woman and an inspiration to me, she was the first person to show me how to properly form certain borders and i was hooked on cakes from there. she will be greatly missed by so many people!

54 replies
mbasic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbasic Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 55

I am so sorry to hear of your (and their) loss. Hugs to you and prayers for this family.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 8:09pm
post #3 of 55

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I've always said "I'm good at a lot of things, but I'm not good at loosing people". It's just so hard to loose people that we have in our lives. I will be praying for her husband and YOU!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 8:11pm
post #4 of 55

Oh my gosh, how horribly tragic. I'm very sorry for your loss of a friend and mentor. Blessings to her family as they try to rebuild their lives without her.

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 8:15pm
post #5 of 55

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, my prayers are with you, her family and your community.

Thanksharla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thanksharla Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 8:19pm
post #6 of 55

I am so sorry for your loss.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 8:31pm
post #7 of 55

I am so sad as i read this. I am sorry for YOUR loss and HER families loss. Hope her husband will continue to improve.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 8:31pm
post #8 of 55

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. True friends are a blessing in our lives, and it is so difficult to loose them. I will keep both of your families in my prayers.

kimmisue2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmisue2009 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 8:35pm
post #9 of 55

I try not to question, but I do truly look forward to the day when I will understand how something like that fits into God's plan. My heart hurts for you and her dear husband and I will add you all to my prayer list.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 8:35pm
post #10 of 55

How aweful for you and her family and other friends. Was her house the only one affected?? I've seen the aftermath of these "downbursts" absolutely devastating! Worse than a tornado in most cases and just so unredictable!

I also will pray for you and her family and the community that will miss out on a wondeful part of it I'm sure!

jbellsgirl92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbellsgirl92 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 8:37pm
post #11 of 55

I too am very sorry for your loss. My prayers will go to your family as well as hers as they learn to cope with the loss and tragedy. I pray for speedy recovery for all those affected.

KSMill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KSMill Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 8:45pm
post #12 of 55

I am so sorry about your loss. I will pray for you and her family.

Rachel5370 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachel5370 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 8:47pm
post #13 of 55

Prayers and thoughts for you and everyone else loved her.

kse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kse Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 8:51pm
post #14 of 55

Prayers your way and to the family.

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 8:53pm
post #15 of 55

Thoughts and prayers are being sent your way.

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 9:06pm
post #16 of 55

So sorry to hear about this.
You and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 9:10pm
post #17 of 55

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, also. It's never easy on anyone. Keep your strength and continue bake/decorate in her honor.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 9:11pm
post #18 of 55

Oh I'm so sorry to hear such sad news!

MyDiwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyDiwa Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 9:21pm
post #19 of 55

I'm so terribly sorry to hear about your friend. I hope in spite of the trauma she felt little if any pain. Sometimes really bad injuries send your body into shock and you don't feel pain. It's a small thing, but can provide such comfort to you when you're past the acute stage of grieving. A friend who sets you off to discovering something so wonderful about yourself is a treasure. After a while, when the pain has dulled, you'll start to find yourself smiling when you think of her instead of crumpling into tears and the great thing is that you shared a wonderful passion and relationship that will give you happy memories to think back on and help you heal.

So sorry again.

doofusmongerbeep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doofusmongerbeep Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 9:27pm
post #20 of 55

My condolences for your loss.

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 9:37pm
post #21 of 55

So terribly sorry for your loss. Thoughts are with you, her family and your community.

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 9:41pm
post #22 of 55

I am so sorry for your loss of a friend. You, your community and her family are in my prayers...

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 10:01pm
post #23 of 55

Such a horrible freaky disaster. My heart goes out to her family & friends. God Bless you all.

scorpio711 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scorpio711 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 10:11pm
post #24 of 55

So sad to read you post. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time. Just remember God works in mysterious ways. something good will happen after this tradgedy

morrisaz2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morrisaz2004 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 10:15pm
post #25 of 55

I am so sorry for such a great loss. I hope that in time, you will be able to remember all of the wonderful things about your friend and each time you decorate a cake, you will remember that a part of your dear friend will be with you forever. I will keep you and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 10:24pm
post #26 of 55

I am very sorry you have lost your friend. My prayers will be with you and her family.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 10:33pm
post #27 of 55

How horrible!! Just last week in Michigan we had the same thing happen -- a house "rolled" across the street with a lady in it, but thankfully she only broke her ankle. Unfortunately the whole town is devastated and I think seven people died as a result of this storm's havoc. Our hearts and thoughts go out to you and her family.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 10:37pm
post #28 of 55

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and her family during this difficult and unexpected time.

cakebaby59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby59 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 10:43pm
post #29 of 55

So very sorry for your loss. I will pray for you and the family of your friend.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 10:44pm
post #30 of 55

Being in the process of grieving myself I have a sense of what you and her family will go thru. Prayers are and will continue to be lifted up for all involved.
As others have said, give praise to God for the knowledge she passed on to you each time you decorate. Then find someone that you can pass knowledge on to icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%