Looking For Recipe For Cherry Cola Cake?

Baking By jenniboo Updated 16 Jun 2010 , 8:41pm by mamawrobin

jenniboo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenniboo Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 4

I would like to try making a cherry cola flavored cake. I have seen recipes where people start with a mix and then add a can of cola to it instead of eggs, oil, water, etc. However, most of the recipes I have seen use a chocolate mix. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE chocolate. icon_smile.gif However, for this cake I am not looking for a chocolate flavor, with a hint of cherry cola. I would really like for the cherry cola to be the flavor of the cake. Has anyone tried this method with a white or yellow cake mix instead of the chocolate?

3 replies
Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 4

Oh I would love to find thid recipe! I saw someone make cherry cola cupcakes last night on Cupcake Wars on FoodNetwork, and I wish I knew how they did it.

Rach80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rach80 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 7:52pm
post #3 of 4

Personally I havenot tried it with a white or yellow cake, the chocolate cherry cola cake I typically make is from scratch, but I have done it with a mix and replace the water or oil with cherry cola, you will still need the eggs in the mix though. I don't see why it wouldn't work with a white cake.... If you try it let us know how it turns out!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 4

I have my mother's recipe for Coca-Cola Cake. You could substitute the Cherry Coke for the regular Coke I suppose. I can pm you the recipe if you'd like.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%