Charging For Giant Cupcakes

Business By genevieveyum Updated 25 Jun 2010 , 12:07am by genevieveyum

genevieveyum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
genevieveyum Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 6

If you sell your cakes, and make giant cupcakes, can you tell me what you typically charge? It seems to me that it isn't as much work as some other typed of 3D cakes since the pan does a lot of the work for you. I don't want to charge the same as I would for a plain round with the same number of servings because it does seem like a specialty item. I'm just starting out and still trying to figure out costing.

5 replies
genevieveyum Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 11:32pm
post #2 of 6

Please- anyone? What do you charge for a giant cupcake? You can pm me if you don't want everyone to know!

martinez73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martinez73 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 11:41pm
post #3 of 6

I'll give you a bump....because I dont know but want you to find your answer. icon_biggrin.gif

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 11:49pm
post #4 of 6

If you know how many servings you get from a giant cupcake cake, then take your per slice cost and multiply. If you don't have a per slice cost, then I recommend figuring up your cost and time and calculate a per slice cost. That makes things a whole lot easier when pricing cakes.

Good luck!

yums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yums Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 6

I charge the same as a round. As you said the pan does the work and all you are doing is putting on icing. If they wanted something extravagant I would charge accordingly but I think they are easier to do, no perfect corners needed.

genevieveyum Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 12:07am
post #6 of 6

Thanks all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%